Chapter 69. Odds

Lena Rameryiez (Rank Division 2)   I wrap the towel around my body as I sniffle

I wrap the towel around my body as I sniffle. The shower was calming knowing that Quinton was outside the door and waiting for me. I keep my hair in it's bun as it was just a body shower and grab my training clothes.

I put all of the clothes on and check the time. It wasn't a long shower which was relieving knowing that I didn't force him to wait long. I don't want that.

I look at myself through the mirror and simply stare and comment at every..little flaw I have. It seems like an everyday thing to do, and today is no different, despite the news that are still stinging at my eyes.

I put my shoes on and sigh before leaving the bathroom. I immediately see Quinton sitting on the ground.

"Hey," he stands up immediately and smiles a sympathetic smile, "a good shower?"

I force a grin. "Yeah. Fine-..it's was fine."

I begin walking out of the bathroom, Quinton following up behind me. "So what...are you going to do now?"

His soft voice makes my shoulders rest and my heart race, but I ignore my body's attempt to tell me something and take my hair out of its bun and decide to tie it into a proper ponytail.

"Train. Get shit done..I don't-...have time to cry anymore." I look at him from the corner of eye. I attempt to distract both him and me from the news. "How are you feeling?"

"Don't worry about me Le., I'm fine. I'm worried about you." He says, gazing at me.

"No..need. I'll feel better when I spar.." I hesitantly make eye contact with him. "so...can you or are you still feeling a bit weary?"

He bites the inside of his cheek while looking me up and down, giving me the simple answer. "Okay, you aren't. That's okay, let's...find maybe something to eat?"

"No, I can..."

"Shut the hell up."

    Remi Lincoln (Rank Division 10)
"We probably won't see him for a while darlin.." I tell Leonard, trying to release some anxiety from his body. "And...I think actually..we should just let him do whatever. He probably doesn't even want to..see you."

"Okay but I just feel guilty." He swipes a hand over his face. "But yeah..I'll uh..I'll do it later tonight then." He stops at the stairs and sits down, causing me to sigh and sit beside him.

"You just need to calm down. You guys are friends so when you do apologize to him...I'm sure you'll be alright." I move a curl away from his forehead and kiss his head. "It'll be alright"

"I'm not worried about him like..fighting back at me. I'm worried about how I just interrupted his testing. What was he seeing? I probably made it ten times scarier."

"Maybe but just...be sincere. That's al-"

My GYPT interrupts us, leaving me to sigh as I take it out. I flip it open, and as the hologram pops up, my heart begins racing.

"You should go find Zack. You guys can test together." Len says, kissing my shoulder.

"Uh..come with me?" I huff out, putting the GYPT back into my pocket.

"I uh..I have something to do em. But I promise I'll be there when you come out..."

I raise a brow but nod. "Right, then don't worry about it."

Ill give you guys small little chapters while I can. Most are probably 500 words BUT on May 31, we'll be going back to normal. Don't you remember might be different but I'm not gonna fully activate my account yet.

I'm excited to come back guys I really am!

Sorry for an uneventful chapter here but...re read to catch up? It's been about 4 months yall.

-CR❤️