Chapter 14. Pressures On.

Leonard Williams (Rank Division 11) I look at the palm of my hand

I look at the palm of my hand. It was red and was clearly burnt but I didn't feel anything. I felt no pain whatsoever.

"Guys go," Quinton says, "I'll be there."

They all follow Remi, who had already gone up the stairs. Guilt immediately fills my heart.

"The fuck is the matter with you?" He asks, crossing his arms. "You want to get eliminated for killing her?"

"I didn't know I could do that alright? Plus, she laid her hands on my first."

"If I just denied you potential help for some random, horrible thing that makes you go crazy, wouldn't you be mad?"

"I didn't deny shit. I was just trying to warn her and she decided to fucking pin me against the wall as if I just tried to kill her."

"I-..you just did. You literally just tried to kill her." I sigh. "Look, I didn't pull you away because I was scared that Remi was going to die. Well, some of it I did but mostly because I was scared for you."

"Scared for me?"

"Okay, I'm not sure if you know this, but Remi and Lena? They can easily beat us up if they want to. They could kill us in a heart beat, but they just make the smart decision not to. Right now, you have the advantage because of that dumb ass ring so don't even think, not for a second, that without it, you could just threaten and hurt them."

"I didn't think shit. And do you really think I don't know that? She stabbed me in the back with a broken bow staff. I'm lucky she didn't kill me."

"But you were going to kill her, weren't you?"

"What?"

"I saw you. You were just gonna pierce right through her. You thought about it and you just..went right for it."

"It's called standing out. The mentors aren't just gonna pick someone who hesitates."

"Well they don't want a cold blooded killer either. When me and Lena fought, I knocked her out. Okay, sure, it's bad but it's not like she was going to die from it. You knew for a fact that she would've."

"I ju-..I don't care. I'm here for one reason and one reason only. Tryouts. Not a..not a ring ..not for a girl..not for you and definitely not for that YOLVE guy."

"I never said anything about you being here for a girl."

"What?"

"I never said anything about a girl." A smirk stretched his face. "Day 2 and you've already got a crush."

"Oh my god you too?"

"What do you mean 'you too'?"

"I-..you and Zack. Always on my ass."

"About Remi? So Zack noticed before all of this?"

"There's nothing to notice. A-and Y'know, you and Lena have something more." God I'm dumb.

"Me and Lena? Y'know, I like the chances of that."

I did not expect him to answer like that at all.

"But we all know Zack could snag both of them before us." He jokes. "Mans got game."

"I'm pretty sure he's alone with them right now."

"Well, you know what that means. Let's go Rickety."

"Did you just call me Rickety?"

           Zack Link (Rank Division 6)
"It's normal?" Remi questions, arms crossed. "No, I'm not liking that right now."

  "You weren't even suppose to inherit the powers that quickly. It takes at least 2 months to even get your eyes glowing. Has anyone else gotten their abilities yet?"

"Leonard. He got them." I answer. I look at Remi who was still feeling her throat. It was extremely bruised.

"When and what? What did he do?"

"He just grabbed Remi as if she wasn't burning hot and merely choked her to death. His eyes were just a...insane cloudy grey."

"And where is he?"

"I-"

"I'm here." His voice startles us. "I'm right here."

Leonard and Quinton walk into the tunnel quickly. Remi backed away from them.

"No one else has gotten their abilities yet right?"

"Besides those 2?" I look around, "no. I don't think so."

"Alright..listen. Whenever the red ring is used for healing, the owner becomes a wither."

"A wither?" Quinton questions, "Wait a-aren't those deadly by touch?"

Leonard's face drops, including Remi's.

"Yes..they are but if your wearing your ring and your touching her, you'll be fine."

"How long am I supposed to stay a..wither?"

"It's not long, I can assure you. Maybe just a day or 2."

"All because I heal myself?"

"It's called side effects. You all have them but it's only with one power each."

"And you didn't tell us this before?"

"I didn't expect you to get it this early. I'm..guessing you want me to tell you the side effects?"

"I- yes! The hell?"

"Okay then..uhm. Well.. Zack yours is with teleportation. You can glitch. You can think and hope for one spot but 2 out of 10 times, you'll go somewhere completely dangerous and different."

"Oh my god.." I sigh. "Teleportation isn't real but Y'know what sure. Okay."

"Lena's is with her X-ray vision. Sometimes it'll go off out of the blue and sometimes you'll see more than you want. Normally you'll just see heat signatures but you'll just see..more."

"That's disgusting.." she comments.

"Quintons is just with his Night Vision. It can harm your real vision, but Leonard's the worse."

"How so?" Leonard questions.

"Anger. You can have..relentless amounts of anger out of no where and that plus super strength..it just goes out of hand. You can just..kill anyone and you wouldn't even know."

"I really wish there were backsy right now."

"Yeah, Wait. Why can't we take our rings off?"

"Because your still alive. It won't come off until you aren't."

"And you just...let us put it on?!" I question.

"Yes. Yes I did."

I lift and drop my arms in annoyance. I'm genuinely starting to think this computer has no common sense. Oh right, it's a fucking computer.

"So we're stuck like this?"

"Yeah, basically. I'm not particularly worried about Leonard though. I'm sure he can function. His great grandmother was one of the best ring holders that has ever stepped ground here."

"And with that, I'm leaving." Remi says, turning around.

"Where are you going?" YOLVE asks before any of us can.

"Finding a way to get this shit off of me."

I had to skip yesterday, sorry. Had some different writing to deal with😂
Enjoy Your Day or Night!
V&C
-CR❤️