Chapter 44. A Classic

Quinton Newman (Rank Division 8)"What are you 2 doing down here?" James questions looking around

"What are you 2 doing down here?" James questions looking around. "H-..how are you down here!?"

"The elevator broke," I say sternly, "What are you doing down here?"

"It's not safe here."

"No fucking shit, we learned that already." Lena rolls her eyes. "What is this place?"

"Uh," he looks around, making me unsettled. "Not a place you want to be in. Come, follow me."

He begins moving down the opposite hallway we were just in with a hand holding something in his front pocket. I couldn't tell what it was but it seemed to have made him feel safe. I wish I could say the same.

I take Lena's hand and pull her in front of me so she's in the middle of me and James.

"How did you get down here?" I ask him.

"I-..some of the power went out. I went a little too far into Zelch, that's all."

A little too far? What the fuck does he mean?"

"You clearly know how dangerous this is. You've been down here before haven't you?"

"Don't worry about it. Worry about making it out here."

*FlashBack*
"Leonard?" I turn around, moving though as I see Leonard's fist coming straight at me. His fist goes straight into the glass that I was looking into.  "Bro what the fuck?!"

"Hello." His voice sounded almost automatic. He cranks his head to the side but it looked like he was glitching. His head would turn a completely different way then what look like he intended to turn.

He pulls his hand out of the glass and aims for me once more. Grabbing his fist, it hurt like hell. I don't know what the matter is with him but..this is not Leonard.

"What the fuck.." I mutter, trying to take a better look at his eyes. Everything about him was just glitch glitch glitch. It was so fucking...disturbing.

"W-What's Wr-Ong?" He questions, a smirk popping out.

He uses his free hand to punch my stomach, causing me to let go with a small grunt.

As I recoil, I can't help but yell "28!" As much as I can but it seemed like I was saying that in pain and though I was, not in the way I intended to.

"Quinty dinty l-linty," he puts a rough hand on my shoulder and squeezes tightly, sort of chucking. His voice quickly changes into a serious tone. "Shut.T-the.Fuck.U-up."

"Oh fuck me." I mumble. "LENA!"

His hand digs deeper into my shoulder, causing a groan to come out. I use a free  hand and ball it in up into a fist before punching him square in the stomach.