Chapter 25. Self Control

Leonard Williams (Rank Division 11)As Quinton finishes, I try to make out what I saw

As Quinton finishes, I try to make out what I saw..and did. I look over at Remi who was sitting down on a chair, seemingly not bothered at all.

"Woah," Quinton mutters, "that's weird."

He stumbles off the podium and sits down on the chair next to Remi.

"So, now what?" I ask.

"That's all you can handle for today." YOLVE states.

"What? What do you mean handle?"

"If you guys even try to fight, your going to be drained. It's not going to work out in your favor."

"So what the hell are we going to do today?"

"You're acting like I know."

I roll my eyes at his answer and look at Remi.

"Can you walk?" I ask.

"She won't be able to for at least another hour." YOLVE says before she can say a word.

"Then What the hell am I suppose to do?"

"For fucks sake, I don't know. Go to sleep or something."

"She just slept for 2 hours." Zack says annoyed. "And what about us? I'm not just going to sit around all day."

"Zack," YOLVE says annoyed, "find something to do. Eat or something."

He takes a second to think over YOLVES words.

"I-..yeah eating will do me fine." He sighs as he starts heading out, "anyone coming with?"

"I didn't finish my breakfast so yeah." Quinton states.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Lena follows behind them.

I put my hands on my hips as I look around the bunker. My eyes return to Remi who was watching the group leave.

"Do you want to eat? I can bring you there." I offer.

"No," she sighs, "I think I'm just going to sleep. Mind if you help me to my room though?"

"No, not at all."

I lift the figure off of the chair and begin to head out from the tunnel, but YOLVES voice stops me.

"Remi, make sure to take the pill before you heal people. It'll be easier that way, trust me."

"I-..okay." She mutters.

She wraps her arms around my neck and holds on tightly.

"I'm not going to drop you Remi, don't worry."

"I know, just being safe that's all."

I get out of the tunnel and begin taking the stairs down. She, very reluctantly, puts her head in the crook of my neck and breathes heavily.