Chapter 30. Good Night

Remi Lincoln (Rank Division 10) "Winner winner chicken fucking dinner!" Leonard shouts in the middle of the arena

"Winner winner chicken fucking dinner!" Leonard shouts in the middle of the arena. Him and Quinton had a little sparring event after today's tryout and well..I'm sure you can see who won.

"Ah, complete bullshit. Your stupid sword cut through my chains." Leonard pulls him up.

"1st of all, it's a katana, not a sword, and 2nd of all, that's how you know we're elite. Rank 11's for the win baby!"

His words cause the group to shout at him, making him put his hands up in defeat with a little chuckle.

"PFT, Yeah yeah. It's okay to admit it though." He smirks.

It's been about 3 weeks since I had that weird awakening of pain from my ring and since then, no powers have come from any of us except a casual blinking from Leonard, Quinton and Zack. Me and Lena haven't really had any blinks and YOLVE won't tell us why we get these dumb blinks that get people's attentions.

James forgave me for the mishap of me not showing up and we've been sparring for a bit since then. On our break days, I may make the decision to hang out with him but not for long. Many people have speculated that I'm just using him to get through Zelch but..I mean he's a nice guy..but he's just not..he's a nice guy. I guess I'll leave it at that.

We spend a lot of our days with each other now and I guess it's just because we're the only people we somewhat know. We've gotten to know each other better and I guess physical contact like this helps a lot. Especially for Quinton and Lena. They seem to spar a lot.

"Alright buddy fuck you." Zack stretches. "Anyone down for some dinner?"

"Oh yeah," Quinton says, going up to Lena, "we're coming."

"We're?" She questions.

"Don't act like you aren't hungry." He smirks. "Come on."

He pulls her along and follows Zack. They have a cute friend ship. I wouldn't be surprised if they became some more than that..actually I'm surprised they aren't anything more than that, the fuck?

"Hey R-"

The voice startles me. I turn around to see Leonard with his hands up and a very small grin on his face.

"Sorry. Thought you knew I was here..obviously.."

"Right. Sorry."

"No, you're good. Don't worry about it."

He puts a hand around my arm and starts bringing me along with the others.