Chapter 40. Oh God.

Lena Rameryiez (Rank Division 2) I open my eyes as I feel myself stop dropping

I open my eyes as I feel myself stop dropping. I see Quinton above me, and I soon realize that I don't feel anything below me.

"Oh god.." I say quietly as I look around. A blue dome was surrounding us.

Quinton was clutching onto my body seemingly for dear life. We laid in the middle of the air..we were floating.

"Uhm.." I say, noticing Quinton's eyes. Blue outlines his pupils and unlike Remi or Leonard, it was only that. The whites of his eyes were still visible, you can still see his piercing brown eyes but a dark thin blue outlines the iris. "Quinton wh-"

I find myself helping as we all of a sudden drop down. I land on my back onto a hard metal surface. The elevator.

I groan as not only did I feel pressure on my back, I felt it on my front since Quinton was already on top of me. The dome had completely disappeared.

"The fuck.." Quinton pushes himself off of me and looks around. His eyes were still a little blue but it had died down a little bit. "We just dropped like 100 feet and we're not dead."

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious." I put a hand on my shoulder. I run a hand through my hair as I force myself up. Quinton helps but hardly. He was focused on our surroundings.

The dome has disappeared and I couldn't tell if Quinton saw it or not. It looked just like the dome surrounding GreyRose but in a much smaller form. If I had gotten the chance, I would have examined it better.

"What happened? Why are we alive?" He looks down at the elevator that we were standing on. The elevator had dropped like Quinton said, around 100 feet but no damage was visible.

"I don't-" he begins crawling back into the elevator, "the fuck are you doing?"

"The door is open. We stopped at a floor." He pushes himself in and I can hardly stop shaking. My hands were shaking, my legs were shaking, everything about me was shaking and I didn't know what to do except follow the figure.

I reluctantly push myself back down into the elevator. Quinton takes my shaky hand, noticing that I literally look like Im having a seizure. The blue specs in his eyes glimmer with sympathy, but seemingly very little.

"Are you..not phased that we just nearly died?" I ask.

"It's good to hide things Le," we both look out the elevator door and see a dim lit hallway, "oh..wow."

It almost looked like a hospital..except the ones in horror movies. This was not Zelch and I quick Quinton realized that.

"Lena.." he says quietly, taking my hand.

"Please tell me that this is not the only way out.." I ask.

"Unless you think we can get our asses out of here from the top, then yes. This is the only way out..or into something bad I'm not sure."