Chapter 16 Regret Works

Remi Lincoln (Rank Division 10) "Can you tell me why Zack keeps picking on you?" I ask, going up the stairs with him

"Can you tell me why Zack keeps picking on you?" I ask, going up the stairs with him. "Did you like..bully him before tryouts or something?"

"I wouldn't say he's picking on me. He's just..opinionated on specific topics. Plus, he's sort of picking on you too."

"How is he picking on me?"

"Well I-...never mind. We have like..70 more stairs cases you know that right?"

"Unfortunately, yes. How did you find your room?"

"Just exploring the place and I just found it. It was the only door that would open on that floor."

"If it's the only door that would open on that floor, why don't we try a different one?"

"You couldn't open Lena's door because it was made for her only. I'm sure one of those rooms are for you."

"And that's why we're here. If we get eliminated god..I'm going to be so pissed off."

"You won't. Y'know, I'm not sure if you noticed, but James has clearly taken a liking in you. People can pick favorites sometimes"

"No he has not and I'm sure he wouldn't have gotten the position he got if he picked favorites. That would just be unfair."

"Eh, I don't think so. He looks like a guy that would pick favorites."

"He seems nice. He's probably like that to everyone."

"Nope. A guy that picks favorites..specifically on girls."

"What are you accusing him of? Using his jobs to get girls?"

"I mean...I'm guessing only pretty ones? I don't know but I just don't like that guy. He seems like a creep."

"He's worked for that job. We don't even know him, so why are you already judging him."

"Because I can? It's called having opinions darling."

"I-..don't call me that. Seriously, it makes you sound like the creep here."

I hear him scoff as he follows behind me. I speed up as I continue the staircases.

"Wait did you just call me pretty?" I ask, wondering what his sentence meant.

"What?"