Chapter 20.

Zack Link (Rank Division 6) "Come on, I wanted to finish my food

"Come on, I wanted to finish my food." Quinton whined as we go down the hall. "Couldn't have waited?"

"No. I couldn't have. We have shit to do today. Breakfast can wait I'm sure." I state.

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to the staircases and waiting for Lena to get back."

"Get back from what?"

"I don't know. She said she was getting some medicine for Remi."

"Why does she need medicine," we turn the corner.

"Period cramps."

"Oh."

"Awkward topic for you or something?"

"Nope. Not at all, you?"

"Nope. Though, I am kind of concerned for others though."

"What why?"

We continue down the hall, just a couple feet away from the stair cases.

"My moms hospitalized and it's just me and my dad. I'm lucky to have learned half of the things about...a lot of..things I guess. I mean, most of us don't go to school."

"I guess it's just a GreyRose thing isn't it?"

"We aren't the smartest bunch are we?" I joke.

"Nah, that's all Realm."

We reach the stair cases, Leonard and Remi being the first thing we see. It looked like he was lifting up her shirt from our angle.

"Have we interrupted something?" Quinton's asks before I can.

Leonard turns around and quickly moves away from her, revealing her stomach all bruised up and almost bleeding. Remi, eyes closed and a hand over her stomach, simply lays there.

"Holy shit," I join beside Leonard. "What the fuck happened?"

"I-..those aren't period cramps that's all I can say. It looks like she's been punched over and over again." He answers. "Remi, I'm going to touch you, is that fine?"

"That sounds...weird." He gives me a dirty look. I brush it off. "Jesus woman, what do you do in your sleep that makes all of these marks?"

"Fuck off Zack." She tries to say, but comes out more so a moan.

Leonard starts feeling the bruises, checking for god knows what. He stops as Remi unexpectedly pushes his arm away.

"It hurts when I touch it?" He questions.

"I mean if she pushed you away," Quinton begins all of a sudden beside me, "then yes. It fucking hurts."

"You know, I'm not gonna lie, this looks sketchy as hell." I state.