5 ~ breakfast

You looked through the great hall. You made your way to the breakfast on your own. You wanted to make sure you had the chance to sit besides Draco this time.

You didnt know why but you just.. wanted to get to know him. Genuinely. It wasnt that you liked him or anything but he seemed.. in need of something or someone.

You already saw him sitting at the table. You walked over to him and sat down to his side. Draco looked at you.

'Hi.' You smiled.

'Goodmorning.' He spoke while he started reaching for the food.

'How kind that you waited for me.' You grinned.

'Well hurry up, wont you? I'm starving.' He joked.

You chuckled and also started filling your plate. You stopped for a moment when you heard whispering. You looked to the side and people staring at you and whispering about it.

Draco noticed it too. He just hoped you can handle it. You sighed and continued filling your plate. You both started eating.

'Do you always get stared at like that?' You asked.

'Maybe they're staring at you. You're new, not me.'

You looked at your plate for a moment.

'Do I look weird then?' You asked.

Draco realised he said the wrong thing. He sighed.

'No. You look great.' He said.

That was sweet of him to say. You passed him a thankful smile.

'I just thought you didnt want to sit here if I tell you that, yes.. people stare at me all the time.'

Draco continued eating, unbothered. You never met anyone this unbothered. You wouldnt feel comfortable with people staring at you all the time.

'Why?' You asked.

'Because I'm nothing like them.' He shrugged.

He got you more curious. You always liked it when people had a bit of mystery to them. Draco Malfoy seemed one big mystery to you.

'Y/N.'

You turned around and looked at Hermione, Harry and Ron. Draco saw them too but he decided to look away and continue eating.

'Hi guys! There's still seats on the other side. Wanna join us?' You asked with a smile.

They looked at you in total shock and disbelief. You didnt understand the problem. On the train they were also rather.. displeased with him. He was kinda nice. From what you noticed until now.

'No we dont. What are you doing?!' Harry snapped.

'I'm having breakfast?' You asked.

'With Malfoy?' Ron asked.

You looked at Draco and then back at them. Draco already knew that this was going to happen. He wondered why he even invited you.

A moment of weakness. That's what It was. He saw how badly you wanted to make friends and he know how, deep inside, he desperately needed someone who cared. Although he didnt entirely trust you yet, it could've come.

'Yes. He gave me a tour yesterday.. so I thought I'd have breakfast with him.. I really dont get the problem.'

'The problem is that he's a faul, evil, traitor.' Hermione spat while looking at him.

'That's a mean thing to say.' You said.

'We've known him longer than you.' Ron said.

You had no idea what this was about. Draco finished his plate. He decided not to interfere with this. He just got up.

'Draco-'

He just walked away. Just like that he left the great hall. You looked at the golden trio. You were confused, unsure of what to believe.

Was he really like that? You only talked to him once but.. you felt like he needed a chance, but they've indeed known him for longer. You were done eating anyways. So you decided to leave too.

-

During class you sat alone for a moment. You were at Hogwarts for not even a week and the people you liked most didnt even get along.

You were already in drama which you didnt want to be in. Was Draco really a faul, evil, traitor? Why would they call him that? He was already super mysterious. Did this have anything to do with that? Was that why people stared at him.

Draco was also sitting alone but on the opposite end of the classroom. It was ruined again. His chance on a friendship. He could just feel it. You were going to believe them and he was going to be alone again.

He hated everything. The fact that he even allowed himself to let anyone near him pissed him off. Even though it was 2 or 3 days of hope.. it was more than he had in the last 5 years.

Draco glanced over to you. You felt it and looked at him. Draco sighed and looked away from you. He didnt know why this bothered him as much. He was used to this.

Maybe it was because you were truly trying to get to know him and because you truly had never hear of him.

You actually didnt know anymore. Maybe you had to ask them about it some time. You had no idea if that would clear things up.

You shouldn't even be this bothered about what's being said about a guy you only known for 2 - 3 days. There was just something about him.. something.. lonely. Like he really needed someone. That's what made it feel so awful for you.

You decided to distract yourself by paying attention. It was important that you did that. Especially with umbridge around. She was already changing small things in Hogwarts. She wasnt going to bring anything good.

'Let's see, miss Y/L.'

You looked at your teacher.

'I'm sorry I don't know.' You just said and hoped that it was indeed a question which he wanted to ask.

'Alright let's see.. anyone besides Hermione?' She said while looking around the classroom. 'No? Alright then.'

You dodged a bullet there. If you were too distracted for long you could get detention. You heard what happened to Harry during it. He got I must not tell lies engraved in his hand. That's illegal! You were 100% sure of that.

You had to resolve this quickly. You knew you could. It was time for you to decided who you wanted to be friends with..