42 ~ chance to thank him

Thank you so so much for the 100K reads! I got so much planned for during the war so I hope you guys will enjoy the rest as well! This will be the last part in 6th year!

Love ya!

-

The book was now hidden far away. Somewhere no one would ever find it. Harry finally used his lick potion but you and Draco actually didnt want to be that involved.

All the drama was becoming so much that lately you two had just been focusing on each other. Having a good time while you still could. It was better that way.

You turned your head to the window. The sky looked dark today. It was a gloomy day.

'Something isn't right.' Draco said while looking outside. 'I don't trust this.'

Harry had been gone all day with Dumbledore. You had no idea what they were doing or why it took so long.

You suddenly heard something that sounded like thunder. Draco got onto his feet right away and looked out of the window

'What?' You asked. 'It's just bad weather.'

'It's not. Merlin beard no.'

Draco hurried over to you, grabbed your wrist and pulled you off the couch. He ran out the common room, dragging you behind him.

'Draco!' You hissed.

He didnt listen and just pulled you onto the moving staircase.

'What is wrong with you.' you hissed.

'I saw the dark mark in the sky.'

You looked down and saw many more students head outside out of curiosity.

'You mean.. Voldemort?' You asked.

He just nodded and pulled you down another stair until you were all the way down. You headed outside and walked through the crowd. Your curiosity got the better of you.

You hurried infront if Draco and pushed through the crowd. When you were all the way at the front you froze.

It was horrible. You saw the lifeless body of Dumbledore laying right in front of you. His eyes were open, his wand was missing. He looked so lifelike. He wasnt dead for long.

'Oh no.' You managed to say.

Draco took you in his arms and held you tightly. You hugged him right away.

'I never got a chance to thank him for everything he's done for me.' Draco said.

'He knows you're thankful. He is happy he managed to save a kid.' You said.

Ginny and Hermione pushed their way towards you. They gasped in shock as they saw Dumbledore.

You let Draco go and hugged Hermione and Ginny. They held you tightly. Draco never expected it to be this. He never knew this would happened. You let your friends go.

'Guys, if I would've known I-'

'We know. You're not one of them.' Hermione said before hugging him.

You suddenly got pushed aside. Hermione and Draco let each other go and looked at who it was. Harry.. he was barely over Sirius death and now Dumbledore died.

Harry fell down onto his knees besides him. He was clearly crying. Ginny slowly walked over to him and sat down besides her while McGonagall arrived.

Ginny sat down besides him and held him against her while he cried on her shoulder. Almost everyone at Hogwarts was gathered outside. You looked up at the sky and raised your wand for Dumbledore.

Draco quickly followed.. then McGonagall and slowly each and every student. Draco pulled you closer to him and held you tightly.

The lights from everyones wand shot up and shot the dark mark out of the sky. You slowly lowered your wand and took a deep breath. This was going to be terrible for Hogwarts..

-

'Are you okay?'

Draco looked up. He was just zoned out and staring at his clothes that were on his bed. You walked over to him.

'Yeah I am. Sorry, it's just all in my head you know.'

You kissed his cheek and rubbed his back. He looked at you.

'Thank you for being here.'

'I'm always here for you.' You smiled.

You helped Draco pack his things. It was almost time to go home.

'What do you think Harry wants to say to us?' You asked.

Harry asked you to meet him on the astronomy tower. He didnt tell you why.

'I dont know. I guess we have to find out.'

Draco grabbed your hand. You walked outside with him. You headed towards the tower. The others were already up there. You walked up the stairs. Right on time.

'Do you think she would have done it?' Hermione asked you as soon as you came upstairs. 'Pansy.'

''No. No, she was lowering her wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape.. I did nothing.' Harry said.

You walked over to Harry with Draco. Ron was just sitting in the back. Harry looked at the locket in his hand. He then handed it to you.

'It's fake. Open it.'

He handed it to you. You opened the locket. There was a note inside. Draco took it out and opened it to read it out loud.

'To the Dark Lord: I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.'

 'R.A.B.?' Hermione asked.

'Don't know. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. It means it was all a waste. All of it.'

You sighed and handed the locket back. You stared off into the distance.

'Ron's okay with it, you know. You and Ginny. If I were you when he's around, I'd keep snogging to a minimum.'

Hermione told you about Ginny and Harry kissing. It was about time they did. They always turned around each other.

'I'm not coming back, Hermione. I got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And I don't know where that'll leave me, but I'll let you and Ron know where I am... when I can.'

Was he going alone? no way.

'I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really think. You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry.' Hermione said.

Harry looked at you. Even at Draco. This was the start of something big.. something different. Something that was going to change your lives forever.