24 ~ I did see him

You took Draco into the room of requirment. Today was the day he was going to become a part of the DA. Draco looked around for a moment.

You were stared at by litterally everyone. Looking at you and Draco in shock. They clearly didnt know this yet. Draco stopped, put a hand in the pocket of his suit and stared back at them.

You looked at him and then at the group. This could go very right or very wrong. They could either accept him or hate him.

'What?' he asked. 'Go ahead. Say what you wanna say.' He shrugged.

'Wait. Guys.'

You both turned around and Saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. Hermione walked over to you and Draco.

Was she going to help him? You hoped she was. It was Hermione, she was doing a good job in accepting Draco. You hoped the rest would take that from her and ignore Harry.

'So.. Draco here actually turned his back on his family and decided to go live with Y/N and her parents so he could be on our side. I know it's going to take soke getting used to but we all deserve a chance, right?' Hermione spoke.

Everyone was quiet. Unsure of what to think. Luna made her way to the front of the crowd. She looked at him for a moment. With her you never knew what she was going to say.

'Did it take a lot?' She asked.

Draco looked at her.

'Excuse me?'

'Leaving your family. Did it take a lot?'

'I had to get passed my parents who wanted to take me to Voldemort who lives in our house so I'd like to say it did.' He answered.

'Have you seen him?' Neville asked.

He looked at him.

'I did see him last summer. Harry is right. He is back and we do need this group if we want to defeat him.' Draco followed. 'He has a lot of followers. My house was constantly filled with new people. Gathering to see him again after he came back. You have to be prepared to beat that.'

Harry was surprised that Draco backed him up. Maybe him joining would get more people to believe him. Although he hated to think that.

'You can think what ever you wsnt about me but I'm here to help. At least give me a chance.'

Everyone looked at him. Luna walked towards you guys and stood besides Draco. Neville hurried after him and slowly more people joined you guys until everyone was surrounding you and Draco, except for Harry. Everyone looked at him. Harry stepped forwards.

'I respect your desicions. That's all I'm saying about this.'

-

Harry was teaching you the patronus spell. You had been practising for awhile. You looked at Draco who was standing opposite of you.

'Draco, catch!'

Draco turned around to Fred. He called him Draco. He pulled him into their fooling around. That made you happy. He caught George's wand which Fred threw at him. He threw it at Ron who caught it with a grin.

'Guys! Focus.' Harry sighed.

Draci laughed and turned to you. He saw you smiling at him.

'Whats up, trouble?' he grinned.

'I love how you're blending in.'

Fred walked over to hin laughing and gave him a manly pat on the back. Draco lowered his wand and looked at him.

'You're cool.' he said. 'George hates us though.'

'That doesnt matter. We'll get you next time.'

Fred laughed as he walked away. You walked over to Draco and hugged him. He smiled and hugged you back. He held you tightly.

'What?' He grinned.

'Im happy for you.'

You let him go and you both want back to practising. It wasnt really working. You repeated and repeat the spell and the movement but it was too hard.

Some blue did start to come from your wand but it wasnt close to an animal. Just blue strings. Draco had the same.

'Expecto patronum!' Hou said or he 400th time.

'Look!' Draco smiled.

Your patronus formed itself from your wand a swirled around you. You smiled as you followed it.

(Whats your patronus? Mine is a black stallion according to pottermore. Let me know what yours is!)

'Draco look!' You said after awhile.

A peacock formed itself from his wand and walked around him. Draco smiled. It was beautiful to see.

Slowly everyone managed to get their patronus working. It was amazing to see all the blue animals running through the room.

Everyone was exicited and happy when they left. Harry watched you and Draco walk out. You hadnt spoken a word to him since the incident on the train. You werent going to speak to him until he apolgised.

'This was amazing.' Draco smiled. 'I had a lot of fun.'

'You blend in really well.'

'Yo guys, we are all going to hang out some more at the lake. Wanna join?' Katie asked.

'Sure.' Draco smiled.

You headed with them towards the lake. People were talking to Draco. Not even being mean. Just talking to him. Laughing with him, trying to accept him. You loved seeing that.

You were glad to be such an influence on him. He was making friends. Leaving his family was the best choice he even made.

'Stop looking at me like that.' Draco blsuhed.

'Why? I cant admire you?'

Draco laughed and wrapped his arm around you. He pulled you closer to him and kissed the top of your head. It had been awhile since he felt this happy at Hogwarts.. and it was all thanks to you.

'You always can. Only you though. And you can only admire me. No one else.'

'I wouldn't want to admire anyone else.'

'Good. Because youre mine.' He smiled.

You blushed and laid your head against him while you headed outside. It was still a little cold out but good enough to be outside. You all made sure to keep your distance so Umbridge couldn't give you detention. Although you wish you could sit closer to Draco..