35 ~ team

Hey!

So this chapter contains some time skips but that's so I can put everything in it. I hope you guys enjoy!

-

'Itll be okay. Me, Draco and Y/N will be there to support you.'

'Thanks but.. I think that makes me more nervous.'

You watched how Ron put on his cap with shaking hands. Hermione swatted his hands away and helped him fasten it.

The try-outs were about to begin. Ron was already dressed and ready. You were just waiting for Draco.

You felt an arm wrap around you. You blushed as you immediately knew it was Draco.

'Hey trouble.' He smiled.

You grabbed his hand and moved it off your shoulder. You turned to him. Draco looked really good in his Gryffindor quidditch outfit. You were just staring at him. You had never seen him in that.

'Like the view?' He asked with a cocky smile.

You looked away from him with red cheeks. Draco laughed and pulled you into a hug.

'Are you ready?' Draco asked Ron.

Ron just shrugged with his terrified face.

'Itll be okay. Harry, Ginny and I will be there to play and Y/N and Hermione will watch. We have all the support.'

-

You were sitting on the side of the quidditch field and kept your eye on the field. Everyone was fooling around.. except for Ron and Draco. Ron was frozen in place and Draco tried to cheer him up.

Draco looked up at you for a moment. He passed you a smile. You smiled back right away. He turned back to Draco.

'He is never going to make it into the team if he stays this nervous.' Hermione sighed.

It was really sweet how much Hermione cared about Ron.

'It will be okay. Dont worry.' You just said. 'He is a weasley.'

'You guys can keep saying that but he is also Ron Weasley. He isnt like the star of his family.'

'You like him so he must be special enough.' You grinned.

Hermione playfully pushed you while you smirked at her.

'Shut it!' Ginny yelled.

It made you jump a little. You looked back at the field. Everyone slowly started to pay attention to Ginny and Harry.

'Thanks' harry said. 'Alright, how then.. remember just because you made the team last year does no guarantee you spot this year. Is that clear?'

No one said anything. They just nodded. Draco hadnt played quidditch in ages. He got a good hold of his broom and looked up at you ago. You gave him a big smile and thumbs up. Draco grinned and shook his head. He was often surprised by your cuteness.

'Good.'

The players got decided in 2 teams. Ron and Draco were on the same side.

'Goodluck!' You yelled. 'You guys can do it!'

The match started. Ginny took control right away as she flew through the crowd. Draco took a deep breath and started flying towards the centre where he intercepted her throw before it could reach Ron.

Draco was originally a seeker but he could also be a pretty good chaser. He threw the quaffle and it barely passed Cormac. You cheered for him with Hermione while he flew back.

More and more Quaffles were thrown at Ron. He was clumsy but he stopped them. Cormac was clearly more skilled. It scared you. They were so close together.

'Confundus.' You suddenly heard besides you.

Cormac missed the quaffle. You looked at Hermione.

'That's cheating!' You whispered.

'Sh. No one knows.' She said. 'I just wanted to help Ron a little.' She spoke with a massive smile.

Draco was really taking his moment. He managed to intercept the Quaffle many times. It was great to see him that proud and happy.

'I wanted to ask you.. why aren't you trying out? I was reading through some Quidditch books to try and help Ron and your family has quite the quidditch history. It's in your blood.' Hermione pointed out.

'I dont know.. I never played that much. I mean I've done some flying but.. nothing serious.'

'You'd be a great addition. Maybe you can try out next year. You should.'

You shrugged and looked back. Everyone made their way back to the bottom. Hermione got up and pulled them up.

'Let's wait for them in the common room.'

-

It didnt take long before the four came back. Ron sat down with a big sigh. He didnt seem very relieved. Draco looked at you.

'So?' You asked. 'How did they play?'

'We havent decided all the spots yet.' Ginny said.

'But, they made the team. They were the best.'

'Really?!' You exclaimed.

You let out a happy squeak before tightly hugging Draco. He laughed and wrapped his hand around your waist while hugging you tightly.

'I told you, you can do it!' You exclaimed.

'My biggest fan, I hear.' He laughed.

'Congrats to you too, Ron.' Hermione smiled.

'Why?' He asked. 'This means I gotta do it again.' He spoke miserably.

You looked at him in confusion.

'Isnt that the point of the tryouts?'

'Yes but, I didnt think I'd make it against Cormac. He missed that one throw extra. Weird manoeuvre if you ask me.'

You looked at Hermione for a split second.

'Well, you're on the team. You better prepare for our first practise. It's in 2 days. We still have 2 beaters and 1 chaser to choose.' Ginny sighed.

Harry looked at Draco. His hands were still around you.

'I must say, for a seeker you have quite the talent as a chaser.'

'I used to play with ny family. I was both chaser and seeker sometimes.. but after my first year I wasnt allowed to play anymore. This was the first time I played since.'

'I was impressed. You just swept the Quaffle away from me.' Ginny said. 'You have some good skills.'

Draco smiled.

'Thank you.'

Draco let you go.

'I'm going to shower for a moment, I'll be right back.'

You watched Draco walk upstairs. You looked at the others who started to talk together. You quickly hurried after Draco.

You waited into his room for him to finish. It didnt take long before he walked outside wearing his towel. You smiled at the sight.

'What are you doing here?' He asked with a cocky smirk. 'What's the smile? Enjoying the view?'

'I dont want to sleep alone tonight.' You shrugged. 'Havent shared a bed with you in ages. You have your own room and we still dont have sleep overs.'

Draco grinned. He walked over to you.

'You never ask.'

'You could ask me too.' You grinned.

Draco laid his hands on your hips while you laid your hands on his strong upper arms.

'Besides, I wanted to show you how proud I am of you.'

Draco laughed and before crashing his lips against yours.