9 ~ honest

'Where were you yesterday?'

You glanced up from your newspapers. Ron, Harry and Hermione were standing infront of you.

'I didnt feel good after breakfast.' You just said.

Hermione snatched the news paper out of your hands.

'Give that back.' You hissed.

'Yeah, give that back.' Draco said while snatching it of Hermione's hands and giving it back to you.

You smiled at Draco while he sat down besides you.

'Goodmorning.' He smiled at you.

'Goodmorning.' You grinned.

Hermione took the news paper back and threw it at Harry. You rolled your eyes and looked at her.

'You did feel well? I'm sure I saw you eating with Draco after class! Thinking about, where were you, Malfoy? Both of you were missing. Seems suspicious.' Harry said.

'I'll tell you where I was, I was in mind-your-own-business-town.' Draco spat. 'Leave me alone.'

Draco got up and offered you his hand. You smiled as he helped you up. He pulled you towards the exit of the common room. Ron grabbed your wrist to stop you.

'What's been going on? Why are you acting this way to us?' He asked.

'Indeed. We've been the first to talk to you here and this is how you thank us?' Hermione agreed.

You pulled your arm out of Ron's hand and left with Draco, without saying anything.

'This isnt over!' Hermione yelled after you.

You sighed while exiting the common room with Draco..

-

A few days passed like that. You and Draco become closer. Umbridge changed more and more to Hogwarts and Harry, Hermione and Ron were desperately trying to understand what was going on with you.

The days started to become colder. You were used to people staring at you for hanging out with Draco.

'Do you want to study in the library later?' Draco asked.

'She won't. She's going to talk to us.' Hermione hissed at him.

'I'm not. You've been bothering me about it for day.

'That's why you should tell us.' Ron hissed.

The hallways were very crowded. Like everyone was heading to the same place. It made you a little uncomfortable.

Someone bumped into you. You fell towards the side and stumbled against Draco. He managed to keep you standing.

'Are you okay?' He asked.

'Its super crowded here..' you said.

Harry turned his head to the side.

'Cho, w-what's going on?' He asked.

You decided to follow the students out of curiosity. Draco decided to join you.

'It's professor Trelawney.' Cho answered.

Everyone gathered out on the courtyard. Professor Trelawney was standing there. Her bags were packed and she was crying. You noticed umbrdige infront of her right away. What happened? Was she leaving?

'Sixteen years I have lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home.' Trelawney sniffed. 'You can't do this.'

'Actually I can.' Umbridge spoke while holding up a piece of parchment. 

You saw McGonagall running towards her. You had class from professor Trelawney. She was incredibly nice. She didn't deserve this. Draco saw that you were having a hard time. He wrapped an arm around you and pulled you against him. Harry and Ron pushed his arms off you. Draco shot them a look.

'Seriously? Now? She really likes her.' Draco whispered.

You grabbed Dracos hand and placed it back. His arm around you felt really comfortable. McGonagall was comforting Trelawney while she cried.

'Is there something you'd like to say dear?' Umbridge asked McGonagall.

'Oh, there are several things I would like to say.'

You felt the exact same. She had to go. She had to leave. This wasnt fun anymore. The doors to Hogwarts opened and Dumvledore walked out. You hadnt seen him in awhile. Everyone looked at him.

'Professor McGonagall, may I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?' He asked.

You slowly stepped a little closer as Draco let you go. She could stay.. Dumbledore wanted to keep her!

'Sybil, dear. This way.' McGonagall smiled.

The smile was almost a subtle way to tell Umbrdige "haha". They headed inside.

'Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Degree Number 23, as enacted by the minister-'

'You have the right to dismiss my teachers.' Dumbledore finished her sentence. 'You do not , however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the Headmaster.'

'For now.' Umbridge spoke.

Dumbledore turned around and started walking away.

'Don't you all have studying to do?' He asked.

'Professor!' Harry yelled and he hurried after him.

What a mess. You took a deep breath. Hermione grabbed your by your wrist.

'Let me go.' You hissed at her.

Draco grabbed Hermione and pulled her hand away from you, but Ron grabbed his hand so now you were all just holding each other.

'This is ridiculous!' Draco exclaimed.

'He's right. Lets let go of each other.' You tried to speak calmly.

Hermione sighed and let you go with set of the entire chain reaction again until you were all free.

'You're going to talk to us. We have no idea what we did. You owe us an explanation.' Ron said.

'She doesn't-'

'It's fine. I'll talk to them. At least they'll leave me alone afterwards.'

'Y/N, you dont understand.' Draco said.

'Make me.' You smiled.

You took Draco to a more quiet place to talk. You sat him down. Draco had been begging you not to talk to them.

'What's up?' You asked. 'Why are you paranoid?'

Draco sighed. He didnt like being open about his so called feelings.

'I'm not paranoid. It's just that I really like hanging out with you and I dont want you believing what they will say to you.'

You grabbed Draco's hand and smiled comforting at him.

'If they tell me something I'll ask you about it. I just need you to be honest with me when I ask. Okay?'

Draco nodded and he started smiling again. Your smile grew wider at the sight of that. He hugged you and you hugged him back.

'Thank you.' He just said.

'You already thanked me enough, Draco. I'm glad I can be your friend.'