18 ~ nothing you say will scare me away

Okay okay. I spoil you guys too much, don't I ;)

Enjoy!
-

Your feet felt heavy as you stepped up the stairs towards the top of the astornomy tower. You were scared. Scared about what was going to happen but also determined.

As you reached the top you looked at Draco. He was leaned on the edge. Clealry in deep thoughts.

'Dray.. can we please talk about this?'

Draco didnt know what to do anymore. He had been up in the tower. He didnt get you at all. You were trying to talk to him after everything you found out? Everyone knew and hated him for it.. but for some reason you didnt.

He couldnt stand the thought of losing you, yet he was afraid that he already had. He was mad and glad at the same time. Mad because you broke his trust.. but glad because this was something he never dared to tell you..

'What's there to talk about?' He asked.

'Listen.. what I did is unforgivable. I know. I know I broke your trust. I know I hurt you. I hate myself for it.. but I did it because I cared about you. I still do.' You said.

There was a small silence. Draco didn't respond.

'Does everyone at Hogwarts know that about your family?' You asked.

'Did you honestly believe that I'mbeing excluded and bullied because I'm a Gryffindor and not a slytherin?' He asked while turning around. 'The slytherins think I'm a trator and the rest of the houses think I'm a lunatic.'

You looked at him.. at his pale face filled with sadness and his hand cramped up with the steal of the fence there. It was clearly difficult to open up to them.

'And then you come around and you have no idea who I am. People are trying to get you to hate me but you see me for what I really am. While I've been hiding my actual life from you. I thought that if I'd tell you that you'd walk away like everyone else. I wasnt ready to tell you.' He choked. 'I wasnt ready to let you in and I'm still not.'

That actually made you feel even worse but you deserved it. You deserved to feel like absolute shit. You did.

'And then you to ahead and read through my personal belongings which expose everything. Why?! Why couldnt you just trust me?! I wouldve told you eventually! I just needed time! I told you that last night and you still did it!' He almost yelled again.

'Draco please-'

'No! How could you do that to me! How?! I dont understand.'

'You have every right to be mad. You do. I am a horrible person but I was trying to help you! I was trying to figure out what was going on with you because I care about you deeply!' You tried to defend yourself.

Draco stepped away from the wall. His eyes were filled with helplessness. They were dark and you could see that he was pm the verge of breaking.

'Help me?! How did that help me?!'

'That helped me see what was going on and now I can be there for you. I wont let you ruin your life by becoming a death eater. I wont!'

'What are you playing on doing about it, huh?! Kill Voldemort?! I have no where to go. I have literally no family, I have no friends! I have nothing!'

You took a step closer to him but his tensed and angey posture made you scared. You made sure to keep a bit of distance. He was yelling at you but you didnt know if he did it because he was that mad at you or because he was scared and powerless.

'You have me. I have a lovely set of parents who would love to let you stay!'

'Stay?! And then what?! Oh hi I'm Draco Malfoy my entire family support Voldemort. Nice to meet you? Theyll be scared of me! Just like youre supposed to be! Why arent you scared of me?!' He choked.

'Because you're being forced and its not your choice.'

No one had ever looked at him the way you did. No one had ever understood him.. but you did. You looked further than anyone else. You saw what was really happening.. he was being forced and you knew and saw it. That realisation made him feel like he finally had a chance to get out of this mess.

Draco burried his face in his hands as he broke down. It broke your heart to see him like that. You ran over to him and held him tightly. He moved his hands out of his face to hold you tightly.

'Talk to me.. please.' You said.

You slowly let him go and cupped his face. You wiped his tears away with your thumb and looked him in his watery eyes.

'No one has ever seen me the way you do. I dont get it.'

'No one ever tried.' You said.

Draco laid his forehead against yours. He closed his eyes as he tried to calm down.

'Nothing you will say will scare me away. Please talk to me.' You said after awhile.

You grabbed Draco's hand and you both sat down against the wall.

'Even before I was born my parents already had connections to Voldemort.. and when I was born, they saw it as a golden oppertunity to have a death eater at Hogwarts during the time that Harry Potter would be there too.' He started. 'But then I didnt become a Slytherin. I became a Gryffindor. Immediately after I came back my parents literally disowned me. They were super disappointed because once the dark lord would rise he would never want a gryffindor in his team of death eaters.'

You just gave him his space to tell his story.you allowed him to fully express himself before you responded.

'I had to do everything by myself since I was 12. I hardly see ny parents and if I do they just get mad. Even my mum. My dad brainwashed her.' Draco sighed. 'And now that the dark lord has risen he needs someone at Hogwarts to do something.. and who do they go for? Me. Out of everyone.. me.'

'They wont get you. I wont let that happen. Please let me write my parents.'

He looked at you. He wasnt sure about that.

'They can keep a secret and if I explain theyll let you in! I promise you we will feed you and keep you safe until all of this over. You wont have to be a death eater.' You said. 'You can stay with me. We'll have fun. We always do.'

Draco smiled at your cuteness. You were wiling to help him and that made him feel a lot better.

'Alright. If you insist.'

The smile you got from knowing he was going to spend time with you at his house was the best thing he had seen in while.

'Can I ask you something?' You asked.

'Anything.'

'That day at Hogsmeade.. you know when.. we had that "meaningless" kiss. Did you turn me down because of this?'

Draco was surprised that you asked.

'Why are you asking?'

'I just.. I..' you didnt dare to tell him what you truly felt for him. 'Nevermind.' You said while looking at the floor.

'No lets not do that. Lets not nevermind. Because youre right. I did do that because of this.' Draco said. 'You got too close. You simple got too close for what I could handle at that time.'

You looked at him.

'Its defenitely not you. Dont worry. Youre amazing. I care a lot about you, trouble.' He smiled. 'If I could do it again I wouldnt walk away. I think I kinda mightve ruined it there.'

'Ruined it? Not really. I've only started to like you more after that.' You admitted. 'Eventhough you turned me down. From day one I've always found your mystery.. interesting.'

Draco grinned. He laid his finger under your chin and leaned close to you. You felt his breath against your lips. It send goosebumps down your spine.

'I told you, you like trouble.' He smirked before pressing his lips against yours.