13 ~ understanding

Your head was still occupied with what happened. A guy you just started hanging out with.. why did that happen? How did it happen? You didn't know anymore.

You entered the place where you decided to meet. A lot of people were there waiting for you. You saw a few people you recoignised. Fred, George, Cho, Neville, Seamus, Luna.

Hermione looked at you.

'Are you okay?' She asked. 'You look a little pale.'

You looked at her.

'I'm fine.'

You sat down besides Hermione. She slowly got up and stepped towards the front.

'Uhm... Hi.' She started. 'So you all know why were here... we need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who really has experience in defending themself against the dark arts.' She said.

'Why?' Seamus asked.

'Why? Because you know who is back.' Ron hissed.

'So he says.' Seamus sighed. 

'So Dumbledore says.' You spoke.

'Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the prove?'

'Wasn't Cedric's death enough proof for that stupid head of yours?!' Ron hissed.

'Calm down.' You told him.

It was quiet for a while. This was a mess already. You weren't even here for what ever happened but still you believed him.

'Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed.' You heard someone say.

Harry got up. Hermione stepped back. It was his turn now.. he had to convince them.

'I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's what you're here for you better clear out now.' Harry said. 'Come on Hermione, they're only here because they think I'm some kind off freak.' Harry whispered in Hermiones ear.

'No wait.' She whispered back.

'Is it true that you can produce the Patronus charm?' Luna then asked.

Everyone looked at Harry. An awkward silence crossed the room. The patronus charm? Was that true? Could he really?

'Yes.' He stated.

'I've seen it.' Hermione spoke.

'Blimey, Harry! I didn't know you could do that.' Dean spoke.

'A-And he killed a Basilisk.' Neville spoke. 'With the sword in Dumbledores office.'

'It's true.' Hermione smiled.

'And he fought like a hundred dementors at once.' Ron added.

'And last year he really did fight of you-know-who.' You spoke

Harry sighed.

'Look... it all sounds great, when you say it like that. But the truth is, most of that was just luck.' Harry said. 'I didn't even know what I was doing half the time, I always had help.'

'He's just being modest.' Hermione immediatly spoke. 

He probably wasnt. Everyone thinks he was the hero but probably without his friends he wouldnt be here. Harry was good but not perfect.

'No, Hermione.' Harry immediatly said. 'I'm not. Facing this stuff, in real life, is not like school. In school, you make a mistake but you can try again tomorrow. But out there... when you're a second away from being murdered, or watching a friend die... right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like.'

There was a small silence and everyone looked at Harry. He swallowed and sat down. You placed your hand on his shoulder to comfort him a bit.

No one said anything. Harry sat back down. You rubbed his shoulder for comfort.

'You're right Harry... we don't.' You spoke. 

Hermione sat down.

'That's why we need your help.' Hermione said. 'Because if we want to have any chance in beating...' She paused for a while. 'Voldemort...' She said and there fell a silence.

'He's really back?' You heard.

Harry looked up and nodded. He was..

-

'I can't believe it! We've formed an army.' Hermione smiled while walking back to Hogwarts.  'Dumbledores army!'

You saw the bridge up ahead. You were happy that your plan worked.

'Don't get to ahead of yourself.' You grinned.

'First we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find us.' Harry started.

'The Shrieking Shack.' Ginny suggested.

'That's to small.' Harry commented.

'The forbidden forest?' Hermione asked.

Harry wanted to answer when someone interrupted him.

'Harry? What happens if Umbridge does find out?'

'Who cares?' Hermione asked. 'I mean. Lot of excitement, isn't it? Breaking the rules.' Hermione smirked.

Ron looked at her. 

'Who are you and what have you done to Hermione Granger?' Ron asked.

You stopped. The rest headed outside. Draco was sitting there. You had to talk to him. You couldn't lose him as a friend.

You walked over to him and sat down on the wall besides him. Draco looked at you.

'Hey.' You just said.

'Hey, trouble.' He answered without even looking at you.

'If you want to we forget about what happened and we can just move on. As friends. If you still want to. I dont want to loose you to something like this.'

Draco stared at the floor. He felt like he didnt even know you enough to even think about liking you. Maybe the fact that you were always kind to him made him do it. He wasn't used to it.

'You sure?' he asked.

'Of course.'

Draco looked at you. You turned your head so your eyes met his.

'Do you like me?' He asked. 'As in.. that way.'

'Is that important?' You asked.

He shrugged.

'I would want to know why you kissed me.' You said.

Draco was quiet for a moment. Of course you didn't tell him how that kiss made you feel. It would only make things worse.

'I don't know to be honest. I really don't. I'm sorry I can't help you with that.'

He did but he didn't want you to ask questions. Draco couldn't deny that there was something between you two. Something in him refused to let you in. Maybe he didn't trust you enough yet.

'That's okay. Let's just go on the way we always do. You're still my best friend.'

He smiled at you and you got up.

'Hug?' You asked.

He nodded and pulled you into a hug. You held him tightly. You were confused but you were going to let this slide.

'Thank you for understanding.' He said.

'Yeah.. no problem.'