The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy

Jace had gone with Clary to talk to her best friend,Simon Lewis whom Katherine remembered as a shy, quiet and a thin boy with glass and a goofy smile and also as someone who had a huge crush on Clary. Katherine was was working on a computer with Izzy and Alec when Jace and Clary entered the Institute and walked towards one of the monitor that was near where they were working.It was then that Katherine noticed another boy with glasses, black hair with a thin body with them. ''He dragged him in.'' she said ''Hmm?'' Izzy asked her and ''Jace and Clary, they brought Simon along.'' Katherine pointed at the three who were busy in their own conversation ''Continue looking.'' Alec said and walked over to the Jace, Clary and Simon. ''I am watching this.'' Katherine said ''Of course you are.'' Izzy said and gave her a smile ''What is going on?Why is there a mundane in the Institute?'' Alec asked Jace and Katherine walked over to them just as the blondie sighed ''A circle member followed him to get to Clary.'' ''Wait ,what?'' Katherine frowned ''I told you to keep looking,Kate.'' Alec said and looked at her ''Yeah, no and a circle member followed you here?'' she asked Simon who looked shocked to see her '' Katherine? You were supposed to be dead.'' he exclaimed ''Not the first one to say it buddy. Now why the hell would a circle member follow him here?'' Katherine looked at Jace who pointed at Clary .''A circle rune just like the guy that took my mother.'' Clary said and Katherine sighed '' What exactly is a circle member and why are they trying to kill us?'' Simon asked ''What we do know is that a long time ago the Circle led a revolt and a lot of shadowhunters were killed.'' Katherine hesitated and looked at Jace before saying the next part ''Including Jace's father.'' she gave his arm a squeeze ''And since the revolt we have been forbidden to even hear about the circle.'' Alec said .

''But how's that even possible? It's your history.'' Clary said and both Katherine and Jace scoffed at her ''Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter ?'' they both said together ''Are you twins?'' Simon asked ''No.'' Jace said ''Yeah.Yeah you are right.And now the only person who nows the truth is missing. So I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden,I 'm ...There's got to be someone out there who can tell us why they have taken my mother .'' Clary said ignoring Simon and Jace's side chat as Alec and Jace went back to where Izzy was while Katherine stayed by Clary's side ''Uh,Clary you know, she is my mother too.So you know...maybe change that 'me' into 'we'.'' she told her sister who simply rolled her eyes at her.

''There is.'' Jace said and started walking away ''You coming?'' he asked Clary as Katherine stood near Alec who gave her a blank  look ''You sure she is your sister?'' she chuckled as she looked  at the scene in front of her  ''Pretty sure.''.  '' Kate, aren't you coming?'' Clary asked her which shocked Katherine ''You want me to?'' ''Yeah ,why won't I ?'' Clary frowned in confusion, not understanding why she wouldn't want her sister to be with her. Katherine, on the other hand felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. ''No, no, no.Not you.'' Jace said to Simon and stopped him with a hand to his shoulder ''Hey we are a package deal.'' Clary defended Simon ''There are runes all over the training floor that would kill your mundane boyfriend.'' Jace explained.

''Its not like-''

'' I am not -'' they both said at the same time which caused Katherine to raise her eyebrow at the pair's awkwardness. ''We are, uh just friends.'' Simon said ''Best friends.'' Clary said ''Sure are.'' Katherine said moving towards them and  Clary  gave her a look  ''Yeah and I am tough.I can handle runes .So, uh, bring on the runes.'' the mundane said and hit Jace's shoulder with his hand before he shook his hand and winced from the impact of hitting the blond's shoulder and Jace scoffed ''What exactly are runes?'' he asked and Katherine snorted  as Isabelle answered Simon ''They give Shadowhunters our demon fighting powers.'' Simon turned around as Katherine ran her stele over her  soundless rune which was on her right forearm for Simon to see  ''So hot.'' he said.Alec stiffened and gave Simon such a dark look that if looks could kill, he would have been dead  and Jace  both cleared his throat and glared at the mundane  ''The rune.'' Simon  defended himself and Katherine chuckled  ''Don't worry Clary, I will watch over the best friend.'' Izzy said and approached him and added ''In fact I was about to make breakfast.'' and Jace inhaled ''On second thought, the runes might be less lethal.'' ''Hey,I have been  helping her.'' Katherine said and looked at him in mock offense causing Jace to give her an amused look  ''And I will pretend I didn't hear that.Please excuse my brother's lack of manners, this is Alec-'' Izzy pointed at the eldest Lightwood sibling who was standing behind them all with his arms crossed over his chest ''and I am Isabelle.'' she held out her hand to Simon for him to kiss it, but he instead shook it which further amused Katherine and she had to bite her lip in order to not laugh at him ''Lewis.Simon, Simon Lewis. Two first names. Am I still talking?'' he blabbered ''Yes.'' Katherine said as Izzy nodded her head and chuckled at him.