Digging up a Grave

''You found all of this in Eliot's bookshop?'' Alec asked as Luke handed Katherine the books ''Whoa, these are heavy.'' she placed them on the desk ''Yeah, he kept detailed records on the whereabouts of all sorts of Shadowhunter relics.'' the wolf replied. ''If you're looking for the sword Jonathan's after that's a good place to start.''

''All right.Well, we'll get a team on this right away, we'll call you if we find anything.'' Alec said and Luke nodded his head before leaving.

Alec leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. Katherine saw the tension in his muscles and sighed before she sat on the table and pulled his chair closer, a smile made it's way on Alec's face when she pressed a kiss to his forehead and he relaxed in the touch.

''Why so tensed?'' she asked and placed another kiss near on his temple, causing him to sigh softly. Katherine chuckled and kissed his cheek and then slowly, trailed down her lips to his mouth and stopped just centimeters away from his lips, teasing him.

Alec realized that and narrowed his eyes before he pulled her closer and pressed his lips against Katherine's. If he hadn't been holding her, she would have fallen to the ground from the intensity of the kiss and as for Alec , he shivered from the intensity of it.

''Are you more relaxed now?'' 

Alec smiled a goofy smile at Katherine ''Yep.''

She chuckled and he kissed her forehead before Izzy entered the room. Katherine got up from the table as the younger girl smiled ''I told you the previous time, lock the door when you do this sort of stuff.''

The couple shared an amused  look and Izzy sighed dramatically ''Anyway, I was thinking about  what Sentry Greenlaw had to say before he was murdered.'' Katherine leaned forward on the table ''Maryse said not to meddle in Clave business.'' she pointed out.

Alec tilted his head in Katherine in acknowledgement ''He said he had information on what was really going on at the Guard and he was killed for it.Aren't you two interested in knowing what he had to say?''

''Of course.'' Alec agreed ''But there are-'' ''His last word was 'inside' '' Izzy interrupted him and Katherine looked at her in thought as she continued ''And  I think he was being literal.I want to do an autopsy.''

Alec looked at Katherine who blinked at the younger girl ''What?'' ''An autopsy.'' Izzy repeated ''No, I heard you but there's a tiny teeny problem with that.'' ''Don't you think that Jia might notice if we return a body that's already been cut open?'' Alec added and  gave his sister a look.

''I'll be stealthy.'' Izzy promised and the older girl gave in with a sigh but Alec was still thinking about it ''This is important, Alec.'' his sister insisted ''It's our responsibility to find out what's really going on here.''

The older Lightwood sibling looked at Katherine who shrugged and she saw the gears in his head turning as he shifted his eyes to Izzy ''24 hours..then I'm reporting it to the Clave.''

Izzy smiled and nodded at Alec and winked at the Herondale before leaving the room.

''I need coffee.'' Katherine sighed  and looked at her fiancee ''Do you need some?'' ''Yep.'' he smiled and pecked her lips '' Two coffees coming right up.''

~*~*~*~

''We are really supposed to read through every page until we find a mention of the Morning Star Sword?'' Underhill asked with a baffled expression ''Seems like it...but there's gotta be another way.'' Katherine picked some pages up in her hand and shook them. Alec snorted just as Magnus appeared by the doorway.