Hunted

Katherine called Luke after she didn't see Clary or Jocelyn in the Institute, knowing that he would know where the two were. And after many minutes of her trying to persuade Luke into to telling her where the mother daughter were, the werewolf finally gave in and told Katherine everything she needed to know.

She had told Izzy about it who told Katherine to glamour herself as her and had promised not to tell Alec anything about her sneaking out while he was at Magnus's, trying to track Jace.

And that's how Katherine, glamoured as Izzy found herself walking in the dark towards the supply room of Jade Wolf, which was like Luke had said, locked.

''Clary, Simon. Step back from the door!'' she pulled out her stele ''Izzy?'' she heard Clary's voice come from the other side of the door ''What are you doing here?'' Katherine smirked ''You'll see, little sister, now step back and prepare for a surprise.''

She drew a rune on the door and stepped back as it blasted into small pieces. 

Simon and Clary were coughing because of the blast as Katherine entered the store room ''Since when did you call her little sister, Izzy?'' she chuckled and Clary rolled her eyes at her best friend in amusement ''Izzy doesn't, that's Kate.''

Katherine gave Simon a wink before running her stele over the glamour rune and Simon's eyes widened as he saw glamour fading to reveal Katherine standing in front of him, her eyes looking at the two in amusement ''Well, since mom is out doing something we don't know, maybe we should track her down instead of staring at me.''

Clary nodded her head and turned to look at Simon ''Here.Track our mom with your phone.We don't have much time.'' Simon did what she said and the younger girl gave the older one a hug ''Thanks for saving us.''

Katherine narrowed her eyes ''Don't thank me, not yet. I have a feeling  something is about to happen and none of us are gonna like it.''

~*~*~*~*~*~

Katherine, Clary and Simon stopped in front of a restaurant to see Jace stake a girl vampire and Valentine standing behind him with a portal open behind the two.

''Ah, that's my boy.''

Katherine's eyes widened as she saw Jocelyn coming out of the portal, with a crossbow in her hand, aimed at Jace. ''No!'' she ran towards the woman as she released an arrow but Valentine stepped in front of the younger boy and got shot in the chest.

Katherine pinned Jocelyn down to the ground, knocking the crossbow out of her hand, blood roared in her ears as she looked down at her in disgust and anger.

''Mom, stop!''

She saw Clary and Simon running towards them but her eyes were locked on Jace's, softening as she took him in. Jace looked at her in shock and relief ''Run Jonathan, they want you dead.''

He pulled Valentine and himself through the portal and Katherine grunted in anger  before getting off Jocelyn and Clary helped the woman get back on her feet. ''What have done?'' Clary looked at her mother the same way Katherine did.

''What the hell's wrong with you? You tried to kill Jace!'' she snapped at her mother figure who looked at her ''Kate, you have to see-'' ''What? What do I have to see? You  almost killed him, your own son!'' Katherine clenched her fists and Clary stood by her side.

''What kind of a mother does that?''

~*~*~*~*~*~

Alec was in a mood, everyone knew that and no one approached him as he took his anger out on the punching bag in the training room, knowing that there were only two people or rather only one person who could get through him.