Epilogue

It had been a year since Katherine and Alec had been married.

And what a year it had been, Clary had lost her memories of the shadow world...it was the price that the angels had made her pay for creating her own new runes, but that didn't stop Jace from visiting her at her art school(he was always glamoured).Katherine had a bit of hope that Clary's memories could come back, her paintings had shown that. Izzy, on the other hand, was the current head of the New York Institute.

Luke was now a shadowhunter and Magic, even though he was the high warlock of Alicante, he preferred  to live in his apartment in New York and when Katherine had  told him that he could get a house in Alicante, her father figure had denied the offer by saying ''My loft holds many dear memories to me.''

And as  Katherine herself, she was currently walking down the hallway of Alicante with a cup of coffee in her hand. Her other hand on her stomach that was spotting a bump.

Katherine knocked on the door that said Inquisitor before she opened the door and stepped inside the room. Alec, who was sitting on his desk looked up as his wife made her way to him and he smiled brightly at her before getting up.

''Hey.'' Katherine smiled softly as he gently wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer ''Hi.'' Alec replied back and pressed a soft kiss on her lips. She gasped as she felt a kick from inside of her stomach ''What's wrong?'' Alec frowned at her in concern.

Katherine chuckled and took her husband's hand before placing it flat on her stomach. Alec's heart filled with love when he felt the baby kicking Katherine's stomach ''Do you feel that?'' she asked with a soft laugh and he nodded ''Yeah..yeah I did.''Alec pressed a kiss to her forehead before he bent down ''Our child's a fighter.'' he gently rubbed her stomach and placed a kiss on it as well.

'' Yeah.'' Katherine chuckled and Alec pecked her lips just as a knock came on the door.

''Come in.'' Alec said as Katherine sat on the chair that was next to his while he sat down on his one. ''Mr Inquisitor.'' Luke greeted as he entered the room and his eyes went to the pregnant lady ''How's the baby doing and the mother doing?'' he asked and settled down on the chair opposite to the married couple.

'' We both are fine.'' Katherine replied as Alec's hand rested on her stomach. ''How was Brazil? he asked the older shadowhunter who hummed in thought before answering with a shrug ''Humid.''

''Humid?'' Katherine repeated with a frown in confusion, as far as she knew, her mother in law wasn't the biggest fan of humidity. Alec had the same expression of confusion as he looked at Luke ''My mother hates humidity.'' he stated.

''Oh but she loves the beaches.'' Luke countered '' Have you seen your mother and mother in law on a paddle board? She is a vision.''

Katherine bit her lip, while she was happy  that Luke and Maryse had found another chance at love with each other...she didn't want to know about how the woman who raised her up and now was her mother in law looked on a paddle boat...not from Luke's point of view at least.

''Luke..thank you.''

Alec nodded his head in agreement ''What my wife just said.''

Luke chuckled and a thoughtful looked crossed his face ''You know, I never thought I'd see the day... deputized downworlders  , walking hand in hand with shadowhunters. It's amazing.''

''It really is amazing.'' Katherine nodded in agreement ''The Clave's come a long way.'' Alec said. 

''Thanks to you.'' Luke said and Alec gave his wife and him grateful looks ''I had a little help.''