The Greater Demon

''-I think you should worry a little less about my love life.... and a little more about your fighting skills.'' Jace's voice reached Katherine's ears as she stood leaning against a wall and watched  Jace pin Alec to the ground as they trained.

'' Boys.'' the two turned their head to see her walking towards them ''Next time, uh, don't break each other's bones.''

Alec had a mischievous glint in his eyes and Jace after ruffling Katherine's hair left the two alone. She narrowed her eyes at his retreating figure, not really noticing the glint in the eldest Lightwood siblings's eyes and gasped in surprise when Alec caught her wrist and pulled her down on top of him.

''Really?'' she shook her hair, a few blonde strands came out of her ponytail and he was momentarily lost in Katherine, his eyes taking in every feature of her's as a smile spread on Alec's face. He gently tucked her hair behind her ear.

Katherine closed her eyes as his hand brushed past her cheek.

''Really.'' Alec lifted his head up before pressing his lips to her's, his hands left her cheeks and instead went on her back and pulled her closer while Katherine's hands roamed in Alec's hair as he pulled himself up until he was sitting on the ground, which caused her former position to change to sitting in his lap instead of laying over him.

Katherine gently bit his lip, sending a thrill of emotions down Alec's body with that single bite.

''I love you.'' his nose nuzzled her lips.

Katherine's gaze was on Alec's lips that had swollen because of their kiss and she couldn't keep her eyes off of them but slowly, her eyes lifted up to meet his hazel ones that were lit up in love and adoration. ''I love you too.''

~*~*~*~*~

''Oh Katherine.'' Imogen came out of the room with a large glass window where they were keeping Valentine tied to a chair when she saw Katherine entering the room.

''Imogen.'' her grandmother wrapped her arms around the younger girl ''I was broken when I heard about the demon attack and I wanted to come to the Rite of Mourning but-'' ''It's okay, you're the Inquistor, you don't have to explain.'' Katherine smiled softly at the older woman.

''I should have been there for you, after all-'' she placed her hand on her cheek ''-you are my granddaughter.'' 

Katherine gave her another smile before her eyes went to the glass window from which Valentine even though had been tortured smiled at her and she glared back  ''Did he open his mouth?'' Imogen sighed ''No, he's not saying anything...and we won't stop until he does.''

The older and the younger Herondale shared a smile ''There's that Herondale fire.'' her grandmother chuckled softly before she again entered the cell with Valentine in it.

Katherine stood with her arms across her chest, her eyes looking through the window as her grandmother continued to torture Valentine for information. She knew whatever Imogen was doing had no effect on the man and he didn't give away any information that they needed.

But seeing the man who had ruined so many lives, who had as far as Katherine was concerned killed her birth and adoptive mother, who had destroyed everything he touched being tortured did give her a sense of satisfication.

Footsteps came from behind Katherine, but she didn't turn around to see who it was. She already knew ''Anything?'' Jace stood on her one side while Clary on the other.

''Nope, not opening his mouth, Imogen taunts him and he gives humorous answers back.'' 

The cell door opened and the older Herondale woman again stepped out of it. Her eyes landed on Jace and Clary ''How long can you keep torturing him?'' she stopped in front of the three ''As long as it takes.''