Forsaken

The pain in her arms had made Katherine run out of the room where Izzy and Magnus had finished performing the autopsy but not before Magnus handed her a red file which she knew she had to take to Alec.

The sound of punching filled her ears as Katherine entered the training room and  froze when she saw Alec punching the bag without his shirt on.If her hands hadn't already shook then they were know and she forced her eyes to not look at his abdomen ''You know, that only helps to an extent.'' Alec turned around at her words and placed a hand on the bag ''Kate.'' he panted.

Katherine kept looking at his face as he picked up  a black jacket ''What are you doing here?'' she approached him and tried to control the shaking of her hand as she handed him the red file. Alec frowned at her shaking hand and at the file ''These are the autopsy findings.'' Katherine explained as he gently took the file from her with an confused expression ''Why are you giving these to me?This should go to the head.And what's wrong with your hand?''

She chuckled and pulled her hand back but Alec grabbed it gently ''And it has.'' she looked into his eyes.

He looked down at her hand, ''I am not, and I'll never be.'' he looked at Katherine ''Kate, it's like  my whole life...has been a joke.'' she frowned at him ''Now everything I've ever known is....'' she gave him a confused smile, not understanding where he was going ''Not what you thought.'' Alec still had her hand in his grip and she winced.Alec saw that and loosened his grip, but didn't let go of it.

''I've done everything for my parents....for the Clave and...'' her heart filled with pain at how lost Alec looked ''I-I have done everything that they've asked.'' ''Well, do what's in your heart, Alec.'' he nodded at her and looked down at her hands ''Your wounds haven't healed, have they?'' Katherine inhaled ''You know.'' she didn't deny it, knowing there was no point.

He nodded ''Izzy told me.'' not really telling how he nearly shouted at his sister before she told him ''Can I see them?'' Katherine nodded and very gently Alec pulled her right forearms's sleeves and she bit her lip to stop the sigh that wanted to come out when he lightly ran his fingers over her forearm ''Does it still hurt?'' his fingers lightly traced her veins that were a dark red, giving her a dizzy and warm feeling.

''No, not right now.'' Alec looked at her and for a second his eyes went to her lips before coming back at her or maybe she imagined them turning a darker shade before he blinked and looked away, his eyes showed for a second ,pain and that made Katherine frown.

''When will they heal?'' he physically moved two steps back from her, as if she had burned him and Katherine felt a hot jab of pain in her chest ''I-I don't-Magnus said they'll heal on their own.'' she looked away from him.Alec saw the pain reflect on her face but wasn't sure whether he had caused it or her wounds ''Kate-'' ''I really should go.And you should have a bath,Alec.Not that you stink to me..but you never know..'' she joked but it didn't reach her eyes.

''Kate-''

She turned her back on him and blinked back the tears she didn't know were there ''I'll see you around,Alec.''

~*~*~*~*~

Katherine was walking towards the heart of the Institute when she heard noises coming from the training room and with that she pulled her blade out before running towards the training room.

As soon as she entered the training room , Katherine saw Hodge defend himself against a foresaken who overpowered her teacher and threw him on the ground.She gripped her blade tighter, her hands no longer shaking as the wounds had healed  ''Hey buddy, over here.'' the foresaken turned towards her and raised his club to hit her but she ducked from underneath him.

Before the foresaken could attack her, an arrow landed in it's middle and Katherine saw Alec taking the attention away from her.

The foresaken swung his club at Alec ,throwing him to the ground as Katherine  grabbed Hodge's weapon out of his hand before attacking the foresaken's back and then kicking him in the legs and finally twisting his neck.