Fallen Solider

Clary Fairchild was dead and it hurt all of them. But the people it hurt the most were Katherine and Jace Herondale, one had lost her sister while the other had lost his lover. And both had different methods of dealing with their grief.

Katherine wasn't sleeping, she wouldn't sleep not until Alec had to every night lift her in his arms and put her to bed. He saw the tiredness in her eyes, saw the way something into bright blue eyes had dimmed ever since her adoptive sister had died and it pained Alec to see the girl he loved in so much pain. She would get up in the middle of nights after having nightmares about Clary's dead.

And Alec  every night pulled  her into his arms, his hands running up and down her back as Katherine sobbed in his arms.

Jace on the other hand had a death wish, he was trying to get himself killed and it couldn't have been more clearer in their mission.

''He's going to get himself killed.'' Katherine said as she climbed down the ladder of the underground tunnel that Jace had gone down ''Oh yeah?'' Alec climbed down the ladder after her while Izzy followed after him.

''What 'oh yeah?' '' she gave him a confused look as the three walked through the underground tunnel, their weapons out and ready to attack while their boots splashed in the water that was below them. 

''I think both of you will get yourselves killed.'' Alec said and Izzy sighed as they continued to walk, her eyes and ears on alert for any sign or sound of Jace or the seelie that the group had been chasing. ''Why would I get myself killed?'' Katherine asked and her fiancee scoffed ''Righhhtt.'' his tone was dry ''Because it's not as if you are sleep deprived.''

Alec was worried for her and it showed in every thing he did ''I'm fine, Alec.'' she argued and looked around for Jace ''Fine? You don't sleep and then you say that-'' ''Alec, if you don't stop, all three of us are gonna be dead.'' Izzy stated and he clenched his jaw shut, knowing that that wasn't the right place or the time to talk.

The three walked some more steps inside the underground tunnel before they saw Jace, his blades thrown to one side as the seelie knight raised his spear towards him.

''Jace!''

Katherine gasped in shock when they saw Jace running towards the spear in the seelie knight's hand ''The hell is he doing?'' she couldn't lift her eyes off of her twin ''Jace stop!'' Alec shouted at him but Jace ran straight in the seelie's spear and groaned in pain.

''No!'' Katherine threw a dagger at the seelie's shoulder while Alec launched two of his arrows at the seelie who grunted and released the spear that fell out of Jace's abdomen as he himself fell to the ground. ''Really?'' the older twin  scoffed and knelt next to Jace as Alec activated his irtaze, healing the wound on his abdomen.

''By the authority of the Clave, you are under arrest.'' Izzy handcuffed the seelie who had somehow managed to pull the arrows and the dagger out of his legs and shoulder.

''What the hell were you thinking ?'' Katherine asked Jace and along with Alec, pulled the younger twin back up on his feet ''You could have gotten yourself killed.'' her fiancee scolded the younger boy.

 ''Hey.'' Jace pulled himself out of the couple's grip and glared at them ''He's my responsibility .This is all my responsibility.'' he shouted. ''Kate already asked but I am asking again, what were you thinking?'' Izzy  looked at him as she held onto the seelie knight.

After few moments of him huffing and panting and glaring at the three, Jace moved his wet hair from his face, his eyes held guilt as he spoke ''If it wasn't for me, Clary would still be alive.'' his voice broke at the end and Katherine's eyes softened as the familiar pain hit her.