The Fair Folk

''This is an utter mess.''

Katherine sighed as she and Alec sat on the couch in Clary's room with the said girl laying on her bed in a state of unconsciousness.

''I am...will this ever get over?'' she fidgeted with the rose gold ring that sat on her middle. ''Hey.'' Alec took her hand in his and ran his thumb over the back of her hand, relaxing the tensed muscles ''We'll get through this.'' Katherine sighed softly as he kissed each of her fingers.

''It's a beautiful ring.'' he ran his finger over the ring and she chuckled ''Yeah, Imogen said it belonged to my birth mom.''

Alec smiled softly at her before they heard a soft sigh coming from the bed and Katherine looked at Clary who slowly opened her eyes and looked at them  ''How are you feeling, Clare? '' Fine...What happened?''

''You were drugged.Fortunately Simon got to you before it was too late.'' Alec explained to the younger girl who even though still was sleepy, had a shocked expression on her face.Not that Katherine could blame her for that. ''They tried to kill me?'' Clary slowly sat up on her bed.

''Where's Simon?''

''Take it easy, Clary.'' Katherine got up from the couch as concern for the younger girl filled her ''Where is he?'' Clary looked at her and Alec who had gotten up from the couch as well. The older girl inhaled sharply, knowing that what they were about to tell her wasn't good.

''Is he okay?''

Alec shared a look with Katherine before answering Clary ''He refused to leave the premises, Inquisitor Herondale had him taken down to the detention center.'' 

''She locked up Simon.'' Clary looked at Katherine with a disbelieving look and she simply shrugged her shoulders ''I am against it and I told her so, but dear granny isn't really  listening.''

Hearing that..... Clary rushed out of the room leaving the two to look at each other. Katherine sighed ''I'll go after her.'' Alec nodded and caressed her cheek ''Okay, I have a feeling something's going to happen.''

He kissed her and she groaned, losing herself in him.

''Someone's gotta stop this.''

''It's New York City, a lot of people were a block away.'' Clary's voice reached her ears as Katherine made her way to were Imogen, Jace, she were standing with Maia arrested and quickened her pace.

''What the hell's happening here?'' she stood next to Clary and looked between them in confusion ''Why are you arrested, Maia?'' the werwolf shrugged and nodded her head at Imogen who was looking specifically at her ''An hour ago, this wolf viciously attacked your brother for carrying out a Clave mandate.''

Katherine glared at Jace who wasn't looking at her, his body tensed and  held guilt ''So you followed her rule, then?'' she hissed at him.

''To put a tracking chip in my neck!'' Maia nearly shouted at the oldest Herondale and a shocked look made it's way on Clary's face ''What?'' she looked between the twins and the older one nodded her head ''Serves you right.'' she snapped at Jace.

''Katherine, he's your brother.'' Imogen's voice held shock and Katherine narrowed her eyes ''And he did something wrong!'' she shouted at her grandmother who blinked at her outrage.

 ''Don't-''

 ''-Talk to you like this? I didn't want to, but you are being paranoid and arresting innocent downworlders isn't helping anyone.''

Imogen narrowed her eyes.

''Go ahead, disown me for all I care...but you are wrong, and you know it.'' Katherine stood in her face, her whole body burning with rage. ''You are a Herondale through and through.'' Imogen said ''Maybe...maybe not. But I don't stand by what's wrong.''