one

❝mom! you have to be kidding me. can't you just let me wait for them to come to korea before i can enroll in school?❞

the older woman who was busy cooking a few feet away from mark responded, ❝they're coming in a week. all you have to do is survive your new school without them for a week. just do your school work and trust me, they'll arrive in no time.❞

mark pouted, ❝they better...❞ he mumbled to himself.

❝hey, i heard that.❞ mrs. lee spoke as she walked towards mark, holding her newly made gimbap that she made just a few seconds ago in the kitchen.

mark turned to face her mom, ❝and so? you know very well i can't survive without jaemin, renjun, and chenle with me at all times. don't you notice how—❞

his words were eventually cut off by a piece of food entering his mouth, and that was his mother's gimbap being stuffed into his mouth by his mom, probably trying to shut him up.

mark aggressively chewed, but then he realized how good the gimbap had tasted, ❝it's so delicious. what did you add in here- that's not the point here! i still don't get why i have to go first. we really couldn't wait a week? you know i'm an introvert.❞ he cut his compliments off realizing what his mother was trying to do.

mrs. lee sat on the couch in front of mark to face his son, she started to brush mark's hair to calm his son down, ❝exactly, mark. that's exactly my point here. you need to expand your social life before your other friends come. all three of your friends are extroverts so they'll easily make friends as soon as they arrive.❞

"but-" mark's words were cut off by a hand covering his mouth.

mark started to process his mother's words, trying his best to think of the positive side of this situation. but he just couldn't as mark just remembered something.

❝but remember when—❞

before the poor boy could even speak, his mother shoved even more food in mark's mouth to shut him up. mark started coughing in surprise so his mother just handed him water before she spoke again.

❝nope. don't even say it. i won't allow you to get bullied. i give you the power of fighting back against those bad boys.❞ mrs. lee put a hand on mark's head as if she was blessing him.

mark sighed as he stood up from his seat, probably tired from trying to reason out with his mother.

❝fine. tell chenle, renjun, and jaemin's mom that they owe me a meal when they come here for coming late.❞ he spoke once more before grabbing another piece of gimbap and ran up the stairs.

mrs. lee giggled at his son as she watched him run up the stairs like a little boy, he really was too cute and innocent for this world.

but that was before she realized—

❝mark lee! i was saving the other pieces of gimbap for your father!❞

mark sat down on his study table and wore his glasses, he stared at the text book as if he was studying but he actually wasn't.

mark giggled a little after hearing her mother's late realization to him stealing her food. he then sat down and stared at the wall.

yes, the wall.

he was busy thinking, more of hoping, that his mother's words would stick when he goes to his new school tomorrow morning. he really hopes everyone is nice.

maybe, he's overreacting?

because after all, ❝it couldn't be that bad, right?❞

___t b c___