twenty seven

"you're too cute for this world mark." donghyuck said staring at mark who was busy stuffing himself with his cotton candy, "w-what?"

donghyuck shook his head while smiling, "nothing babe. just continue eating."

the two continued walking around the park, the sounds of screams from the people on scary rides and the laughter of the children echoing around, "oh look! a haunted house!" mark pointed out.

'mark likes haunted houses?' donghyuck mumbled to himself, "you wanna go in mark?" the mentioned boy looked up innocently with his cotton candy in his hand.

mark was actually scared of haunted houses, he just mentioned for no reason. mark thought about it for awhile and he didn't want donghyuck to make fun of him so he just nodded, "fuck i'm gonna regret this..."

"what was that?" donghyuck turned to mark, "n-nothing. i'm almost done with my cotton candy s-so let's go!" mark tried to sound confident which donghyuck believed.

the two started walking to the entrance of the haunted house, donghyuck was excited while mark was... alright?

kidding. he was shaking in fear hoping donghyuck would notice but donghyuck was too busy jumping up and down in excitement.

"congratulations. there's no line right now so you both can already enter!" the person at the entrance said politely.

donghyuck turned to mark, "come on! let's go mark!"

mark nervously took donghyuck's hand that was reaching out to him and they both entered the house.

the only thing the two could hear were the door closing meaning that, there was only one escape which was the exit, and quiet whispers of the "ghosts".

the two kept quiet and walked farther into the house, a few ghosts surprising them from time to time. a few screams came out but thankfully, nothing worse than that.

suddenly, mark and donghyuck heard screams behind them, "shit! are those ten ghosts behind us?" mark asked looking closer.

yes, there were ten ghosts about to chase them, donghyuck covered his mouth, "r-run!"

the two ran away as far they could to get away from the ghosts, the pushed whatever they had to get away from the ghosts which was somewhat successful.

maybe not.

mark looked around to see no one near him, "yes!" although he felt something was wrong.

donghyuck wasn't with him.