forty one

"are you sure this will work?" renjun asked putting his mask on.

"it has to. other than that, he'll never talk to me ever again." donghyuck said.

they all had one mission; and that was to make markhyuck happen.

"remember, you guys have to distract him." donghyuck reminded the five other boys as he put his mask on as well.

"yeah yeah. just make sure you get him back." chenle pointed out.

"i really don't understand how you're gonna make this work. just because he's the innocent mark he won't be that stupid." renjun said crossing his arms. donghyuck walked towards renjun putting his hands on his shoulders, "trust me."

renjun rolled his eyes, "i don't but alright."

jeno grabbed a glass of champagne nearby and raised it up, "to markhyuck."

following along, the grabbed a glass of champagne for themselves as well as they smiled at each other, "to markhyuck."

donghyuck looked at his friends in awe, he was truly grateful to them.

🦋

"mark! i haven't seen you since you were three. you look stunning dear!" a random person said coming towards mark.

mark didn't know who she was, but she was at the ball meaning she was rich which meant his parents are most probably friends as well so he just smiled, "you look lovely as well."

mark walked around the ballroom with his mask on, how the hell could he tell which ones were his friends?

"hyung!" a boy in a bright green mask came towards him, "chenle?" mark tilted  his head, chenle nodding in response.

"come on! the others are waiting for us!" he grabbed mark's arm as he pulled him to a part of the ballroom. he was greeted by five of his friends.

yes, only five.

jeno nudged jaemin, "where the hell is donghyuck? we need him for the plan! it's the reason why we're all here-" jaemin slapped jeno's leg as he saw mark heading towards them.

"hey guys!" mark waved at all of them, he noticed one of them was missing.

he looked around the table to find him nowhere.

where's donghyuck?

"will you keep that promise?"
"stop thinking about it-"
"will you?"
he sighed, "i will."
he then stuck his pinky out for him to connect with it, "promise?"
he put his pink out as well as he connected with it, "promise. now go to bed."