forty nine

"YO MY FRIENDS WASSUP!" jaemin put an arm around jeno and donghyuck.

jeno gave jaemin a weird look, "bitch, i'm your boyfriend." jaemin stuck his tongue out hearing that, "too bad. renjun isn't here to scold me."

a slap on his back came after saying that, jaemin turned around to meet renjun with evil eyes, "bitch you thought."

jaemin hugged renjun tightly, "don't scold me please!" renjun rolled his eyes, "whatever."

"you guys are so lucky to be in a relationship." donghyuck smiled at the three of them. the three went quiet knowing what donghyuck was thinking about watching them be all cute, "we're sorry donghyuck." donghyuck shook his head softly and smiled, "it's fine."

a sudden dolphin scream was heard behind the four, "you guys!!" chenle went beside the four, "i got tickets to nct dream's concert!"

the three made a weird face at chenle as they hinted at the gloomy donghyuck beside him, "n-never mind."

"babe! why don't you ever wait for me?!" jisung wrapped his arms around chenle's waist, chenle pointed at donghyuck which made jisung stop his flirty actions.

donghyuck smiled at his friends, "i'll be going ahead! see you guys later!" he happily skipped to his class with his five friends watching from behind.

they know donghyuck. it's been three years and they were already in college but,

he still wasn't the happy donghyuck they knew.

🦋

"jaeminnie!!" jeno sat down at the dreamies lunch table. jaemin looked at jeno, "what could you possible want from me that you had to disturb me and my chicken nuggets?" jeno rolled his eyes as he looked at his whole friend group peacefully eating.

"hey guys! there's this new kid and he kinda looks like-" jeno was cut off by his boyfriend, renjun, slamming a piece of chicken nugget in his mouth, "oh just shut up jeno."

donghyuck finished his food quickly before standing up, "i'll be going first. see you guys in class."

he started walking towards his class with his airpods, he was listening to the new nct dream song called puzzle piece.

"As the world I'm matching up to grows, I felt some kind of emptiness but I didn't even know which part it was, or what it was shaped like Like piecing together scattered pieces, we fit together our story The piece that is taking up the empty space somewhere in my heart, I knew from the first glance that it was you You're my missing puzzle piece, that's finally been put together My heart was broken but those wounds are being filled up too. You have become everything in my life My missing puzzle piece..." donghyuck sang peacefully as he sat on his chair. he opened his notebook and continued singing quietly, he looked at the pictures of him and mark, "i miss you a lot mark. i hope you know that."

the teacher then entered the class, "everyone sit! we have a new student here with us." donghyuck continued listening to puzzle piece in his airpods because he knew his teacher wouldn't care.

the teacher turned to face the new student, "please choose a seat."

the new student quickly roamed around the classroom looking for the right place to sit, he definitely didn't want sit with those girls who were fan girling over him.

he then spotted a quiet boy in the corner of the classroom listening to music, he then went up still facing the boy.

the new student tapped on the table to alert the boy that he was here, donghyuck quickly removed his airpod to face the boy, "who are you?"

"i'm lee minhyung. nice to meet you."