Book One: Chapter 21

Sora slid off the ship, but she caught the edge just in time. However, the wood was slippery, and Sora couldn't push her claws into the solid material to hold on.

More water splashed into Sora's face, and she suddenly let go. "No!"

She barely fell until Maxor grabbed her right hand. "Got you!"

While gritting, Maxor pulled Sora up to the edge. She grabbed the edge and climbed back aboard.

"Thanks," she said with a grin.

Maxor smiled back.

If it weren't for him, Sora would be swimming with the fishes.

Maxor stepped toward Sora and looked over her shoulder. "What is that?"

Sora turned around and looked over the edge of the ship. She saw nothing until black fins emerging while dashing toward the ship.

When they reached the ship, all of them submerged back into the water.

"Hm! They must be fish," Sora stated.

From the water, something shot up and tackled Sora. Her back hit the floor while a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth hissed in her face.

Fishfolk

Level 5

HP: 50/50

Mob

Sora pushed the creature and jumped onto her feet.

The Fishfolk has a slender humanoid body with blue scales and a razor fin across its hunched back. Large yellow eyes and three fingers with long sharp claws.

Staring at the nightmarish creature sent chills through Sora's spine. It looked very terrifying at night.

Without waiting for a second thought, Sora pounced the creature and slashed its throat.

Sora used Slash!

The basic attack wasn't in her character status, but any animal with claws could use it. Biting, kicking, and punching were other basic attacks too when the player doesn't have weapons for his or her main attack moves. Overall, basic attacks could only inflict five damages to the target.

Fishfolk

HP: 45

The creature pushed the fox girl off its slimy wet body and got up. Before it charged, Maxor rushed toward the monster and swung a kick toward its head.

Maxor used Kick!

Fishfolk

HP: 40

After the creature fell to the floor, Maxor sat on top of it and punched its face a lot, until it vanished.

Fishfolk defeated!

Sora heard a cry and looked back.

More fishfolk warriors climbed over the edge, carrying spears. They charged toward the crew.

A dog pulling down a rope turned around as a fishfolk stabbed its spear into him.

"Fishfolk attack!" Vahr's voice shouted.

A rat climbed up a pole and rung the bell at the top. He kept ringing until a spear stunk him.

Three fishfolk warriors tackled a reptile guard and munched on him very fast.

The other crew members grabbed spears, swords, and axes from the weapons rack. Then they charged toward the enemy mobs.

One guard tossed two spears toward Sora and Maxor. Sora catches the spear and stared at it.

Spear- ATK+10

"Defend the ship if you want to live!" The guard shouted.

Quest alert!

Fishfolk pirates are attacking the ship. You must defeat all raiders or everyone dies.

Reward:

50% EXP

Accept:

Yes/No

Sora wondered if she accepts no. It seemed kind of pointless to push no while a flock of fishmen was attacking the ship. Perhaps she won't get the reward if she doesn't accept the quest. But doing another quest meant getting more experience percentage. So she pushed yes.