Book Two: Chapter 18

At the end of the swamp, the sun rose into the sky over a tall mountain near a canyon. Shaped like a cone with a smooth gray surface. So perfect, like someone crafted the mountain's form. Of course, one of the game designers crafted the mountain for the environment. But kind of odd how it stood out from the mountain ranges in the background.

Sora checked the map and knew she was at the correct spot. She closed the map and walked straight toward the mountain. At the bottom, she approached a large cave opening, about five stories tall. Big enough for a dragon to dwell inside.

Sometimes a dragon cave could be obvious to find in an area. But most players and NPC villagers knew how dangerous entering a dragon cave was. Dragons were strong and very protective of their lairs. Unless the players got the gear and level to fight them, dragons were still a challenge to fight. But their rewards were still great.

Sora took a deep breath and stepped into the cave. She walked through a dark tunnel, covered in smooth rock. Gray sand covered the ground, and tiny crystals sparkled on the walls.

Sora assumed the dragon blasted fire through the mountain to build its lair. The dragon's flames were strong enough to do that. If one of their flames hit a small rock, it would melt in a second. On an animal? Even worse.

Halfway through the tunnel, Sora stopped when she stepped on something. Below her foot was a skeleton of a cat man. He wore a chain mail armor and a large porch was next to him. Sora could tell the skeleton was a male based on his pelvis. Females have wider pelvis than males. Even the game designers knew that.

On the right near the skeleton laid an ax and a round wooden shield.

The skeleton wasn't a fallen NPC. It was only a prop to warn players, and it has loot.

Sora glanced closer at the weapons.

Ax

ATP+3

Wooden shield

DEF+10

The ax wouldn't be much for Sora, but the wooden shield should upgrade her defense enough to survive an attack from the dragon. The shield could block anything unless the enemy attack was bigger.

After Sora picked up the shield, his defense points rose to 35. It might not be much, but it should help him take less damage from the dragon.

She checked the porch and found two hundred gold inside it. After she grabbed it, earning two hundred gold, she continued into the cave.

At the end of the tunnel, Sora reached a large cave that wasn't smooth like the tunnel. It was natural with sharp rocks hanging from the ceiling. On the ground were piles of bones. Sora couldn't tell which bone was an animal or a monster. Does it matter?

Dragons could eat anything that has meat, they don't care as long as they could survive. But where was the stolen loot? Could the dragon be hiding it somewhere hidden?

Sora stopped at the center of the cave, feeling something breathing behind her back.

When she turned around, she saw two yellow reptile eyes glaring at her.

"Who dares enter my lair!" a deep voice shouted.

Sora stepped back while his body shook.

From the shadow, a giant dragon stepped out. He walked on two feet, covered in golden scales. He wore a short black loincloth and two large wings spreading on his back. Two sharp horns stood on his head and his snort was long and thin. On both his hands were sharp claws that could easily slice an animal in half.

Geez, the dragon was enormous!

Dragon

Level: 20

HP: 200/200

Mob

Level twenty?

Sora was still at level one. She might not survive if she fights against the mob.

"Speak!" the dragon shouted.

Sora smiled at the dragon and winked. "Or I am just a poor helpless girl, looking for a good time."

Sora used charm!

The dragon laughed. "Your flirtatious method will not fool me! Lunchtime!"

Sora dropped her mouth. Higher-level mobs couldn't be charmed. Looks like she will have to fight the dragon the old fashion way.