Book Two: Chapter 20

Sora rode on a horse-like creature, called a Satger, which was pulling the cart of loot. She felt lucky there was a town not too far from the dragon's mountain. With a few borrowed gold from the loot, Sora bought one cart and a mount to carry the thieves' treasure all the way back to their hidden village. Even if she was a rhino, she still wouldn't be able to carry the loot back to the guild.

The Satger was brown with white strips across its thick body. Hoofed feet, one horn on its head, and a white bushy tail. Sora could describe the creature as being a mix between a brown zebra and a unicorn. Satgers were usually found in mountain regions and they avoided each other, which made them easily tameable by villagers. Popular among players because they could travel through any terrain and they could move fast. Even pulling heavy carts was a simple thing for them to do.

After a day of riding, Sora entered the forest and reached the village. The villagers gathered around the cart, wondering what was inside it.

Sora stopped in front of the large tree and slid off the Satger. From the tent, Batista, Maxor, Garan, and Nancy strolled toward her.

The wolf grinned at her widely. "Wow, Sora! What an outfit you're wearing!"

"I assumed you hated that dress," Garan added.

Sora shrugged. "I know, but this armor is special. It makes me stronger."

Garan blushed. "Indeed."

Batista and Nancy pulled the sheet off the cart. Their eyes bloomed at the golden pile of jewels and coins.

"Is this it?" the badger asked.

Sora bit her lip. "I had to use some to buy the cart and mount..... I could pay you back if you want."

The badger widened his eyes until he laughed. "No need, lass. You did an excellent job bringing our loot back. Was the dragon hard on you?"

Sora crossed her arms and gave the badger a mischievous grin. "I think the dragon will no longer bother your guild again."

"Fantastic! Maxor's debt is now paid off. We will make sure he'll never cross us again."

Quest Completed!

10,000 gold received.

100% EXP received

Sora leveled up!

Sora smiled after her notification vanished. She felt good about reaching level two after the King Lich pushed her level back to one. Still, she has a long way to go, but with her new armor equipped, she will have a better chance of surviving.

Batista grabbed two hand fulls of golden coins and tossed them over his head, cheering in a shower of gold. "Let's celebrate tonight! Bring out all the booze and keep your damn children indoors! Hail Sora! The Golden Vixen!"

"Hail Sora! The Golden Vixen!" All the others shouted.

Sora's cheeks turned very red. Everyone was cheering to her as if she was a goddess, although she was still a man trapped inside a girl's body. But she liked the Golden Vixen name. It truly fits with her new style. Indeed, tonight should be fun.