Book One: Chapter 26

Sora marched through the dark tunnel until the procession entered a large cavern chamber with five floors of holding rooms for the slaves. The place looked like a giant prison in a medieval setting.

Sora marched past the cells, hearing whistles and howls shouting around her.

"Hey, baby! What are you doing here?" One slave above shouted.

"Come in here!" another shouted. "I have a nice bed in here for you!"

"Want to give your daddy a kiss? I'm your daddy!"

"No, I'm your daddy! Give me a kiss! Smooch! Smooch!"

Sora shivered while her ears lowered, and her tail dragged behind her.

Every single male slave has their eyes on her. If their cells were open, who knew how worse they would get if they could touch Sora.

God, I gotta get out of here!

From a cell, a bear's hand reached for Sora, but one of the guards slapped the bear's arm to step away.

Inside, the bear slave rubbed his arm while growling at Sora. "I will come for you, foxy."

Sora turned forward, keeping up with the procession.

This is a girl's worst nightmare!

At the right corner of the chamber, the guard grabbed Sora and stopped in front of a dark cell. Sora couldn't see anything inside it, but she hoped it was empty.

The guard cut off Sora's bonds and opened the cell door. "In you go."

Sora took a peek inside until the guard pushed her in.

"Enjoy your new home while you last." The guard closed the cell door and pushed Maxor to move forward.

The wolf looked back at Sora with disappointment on his face. Apparently he wanted to be with Sora in the cell.

Sora shrugged and got up. How can I get out of here?

From the darkness at the back of the cell, a deep voice echoed. "You!"

Sora gulped and turned around.

In the shadow, a large dark figure got up off a bed. It turned toward Sora and stepped forward.

Sora felt like her luck ran out. She thought she would be alone in the cell where she could be left in peace to figure out her problem. Now she has to deal with whoever was in the cell with her. I hope to god he doesn't touch me!

The figure stepped into the light from the torches outside the cell. To Sora's surprise, her cellmate just happened to be a nine-foot-tall woolly mammoth.

Garan

Mammoth

Brawler

Male

Level: 11

HP:111/111

NPC

Sora heard about the mammoth race in SCO, although she never has seen one before. They were said to be the first mammal race who evolved during the ice age after the dragons went extinct. After the ice melted, they migrated to hidden cold areas where they could live in peace under their relaxing cold weather.

Players rarely see them unless they venture into the isolated cold regions where they could find rare items and special quests. None of the Mammoths were playable, which would make the game more exciting. But being rare species did make them special.

The mammoth, named Garan, was covered in light brown fur with a white furry patch covering his board chest down across his stomach. Short dark brown hair covered the top of his small head between his large round ears, pointing up. His long trunk stretched over his mouth between his long white curly tusks. Hanging over his thick large legs was a skinny long loincloth around his big waist.

As the mammoth stood close to her, Sora feared she won't have the chance to survive.