Book One: Chapter 23

Sora tackled a fishfolk and slashed his throat.

Instant kill!

Fishfolk defeated!

Sora earned 5%

Still not enough to reach level 2, but Sora will level up soon after her experience bar fills up to 100%. Fighting enemies weren't enough to level up unless the target is level 100. But the level one hundred targets were still hard to fight. With one thousand health points, it would take longer to defeat them, unless the player has a weapon that could instantly kill the targets. Only a weapon like that would be found in a rare hidden dungeon.

Sora paused when a dark shadow engulfed the entire ship. Something black and massive rose from the water.

Near the edge, a dog warrior slashed a fishfolk and paused When he faced the dark figure, a giant yellow eye opened.

What the hell is that? Sora thought.

The dog warrior screamed before a giant tentacle slammed down and crushed him.

Poa defeated!

Everyone stopped and stared at the creature with Sora.

The sea beast looked like a giant green octopus with a huge bubblehead and a single eyeball above its suction cup mouth, sprouting with sharp teeth. Beneath its mouth, eight tentacles spread, thick as trees.

Craten

Level: 10

HP:100/100

Mob

A monster about half the size of the berg ship should be a dungeon boss. However, the open sea has many unknown things that could scare players.

On top of the octopus monster, a muscular fishfolk rose while holding a silver trident. Unlike the others, he has dark gray scales with a large head, hanging over his board chest. An enormous, crescent-shaped mouth full of long, fang-like teeth, and large yellow eyes that glowed bright like a lighthouse. An illicium rod hung on his forehead with an esca glowing blue ball on the tip. He reminded Sora of an anglerfish from hell.

Angus

Level: 11

HP: 111/111

Mob

Funny that the master has a higher level than the creature. Perhaps the creature was only his pet.

"I am Angus!" the anglerfish man announced. "We are the sea raiders of the Black Abyss! Give us your loot or die!"

"But I only have slaves aboard!" Vahr's voice shouted.

Angus gargled in laughter. "Then die!"

The fishfolk continued slashing and poking against the crew. All laughing in gargles as if they were enjoying the battle. What a bunch of bloodthirsty fishes.

Sora stood her back against Maxor's back. A flock of fish men surrounded them, aiming their spears at them.

One of them charged toward Sora, and she swung a kick, knocking him off his webbed feet.

Suddenly, Sora felt something wrapping around her lower right leg. She looked down as a tentacle pulled her up off the deck. It lifted her up so fast, she dropped her sword.

"Sora!" Maxor shouted.

Sora hung upside down as the creature brought her toward Angus.

The anglerfish man glanced at her, slowly turning the line of his mouth into a grin. "What a pretty creature you are. You will make a fine snack for my pet."

Sora rolled her eyes.

Is everyone going to treat me like a helpless girl?

Maxor landed next to Angus and pointed his coral sword at him. "Release the girl!"

Angus laughed. "If you insist!"

After he snapped his finger, the creature dropped Sora toward its giant open mouth.