Book Two: Chapter 15

Author's note:

"I changed the chapters into a better quest for Sora. Instead of seducing a mobster, she will fight a dragon. Adding dragons is a fun way to make a fantasy story more exciting."

Instead of entering the tree, Sora and her friends followed Nancy toward a large green tent beneath the large tree. Inside the tent, Barrisk stood behind a large table with a map on it. Two wolf guards sat near him on both sides, holding spears. Was the badger paranoid about being attacked each day?

Barrisk waved his hand. "Ah! You're here! Come! Come!'

Maxor approached Barrisk. "What is going on?"

Barrisk smirked. "Good news! I figure a solution on how you can pay us back."

Maxor crossed his arms. "How?"

The badger tipped his claw on a mountain image on the map. "You will raid a dragon lair, here."

Maxor's wolf face faded into grayness. "What!?"

"A dragon attacked our convoy before they reached our forest. They took everything they stole, and we wanted it back. Even if the riches belonged to other people, we still have a claim to it."

Sora scratched her forehead. "That makes little sense."

Barrisk laughed. "We're thieves! We take whatever we want!"

Maxor dropped to his knees and shook Barrisk's loincloth. "Sir, I hate dragons! It will eat me!"

Barrisk pulled his loin from the wolf's hands. "Stop wimping like a baby! I didn't raise you like that!"

"But dragons are very strong! If I steal one treasure, it will hunt me down until I die!"

"Blup! Those are silly rumors. You have no choice or else I will chop off your head!"

"But..... But....."

Sora raised her hand. "What if I get the treasure from the dragon!"

Everyone turned toward the foxgirl.

"No?" Barrisk exclaimed.

Sora lowered her hand. "I could charm the dragon and get out without a scratch."

The badger rubbed his fur below his chin. "Have you ever fought a dragon before?"

"No."

Barrisk smiled. "Splendid! I will send you out alone."

Sora widened her eyes. "Alone?"

"I sent other thieves to the dragon's lair, and they never returned. I realized a large group is no match against the fire breathing pain in the ass. One thief can succeed, if he or she can manage to survive."

Sora gulped.

"If you accept, Maxor will stay here and wait for your return. If you fail-" Barrisk drew his finger across his throat, gagging. "Understand?"

A quest notification appeared in front of Sora.

Quest Alert

Barrisk asks you to slay the dragon at Mount Hollow in Maxor's place. If you fail, Maxor will be executed.

Reward:

100% EXP

10,000 gold

Accept:

Yes/No

Sora couldn't believe how much gold the reward has, and one hundred experience percentage will boost her to the next level. However, she doesn't want to lose Maxor. Although she has to go on the quest alone, she has no other choice. Perhaps bringing Maxor back to his guild was a bad idea, but the reward will be worth it. "Okay, I will do it for Maxor's sake."

Quest Accepted!

"Good!" Barrisk shouted in joy. "If you need supplies, we can provide you some."

Maxor jumped up and hugged Sora. "Oh thank you, my beautiful savior! Please come back in one piece!"

Sora patted Maxor's back. "I will."

"Good luck to you then," said Garan. "Remember, dragons are strong, but they all have a vulnerable weakness. Keep that in mind."

Sora nodded. "I won't forget that."