Book One: Chapter 29

"Prepare to die, fox wench!" The rat leaped through the air with his ax up.

Stinkz

Rat

Rogue

Male

Level: 10

HP:100/100

NPC

What is up with the gladiators' names?

Sora back flipped, dodging the rat. She rose with her hammer up. "You want a piece of me? Come and get it!"

The rat charged while squeaking until Garan's butt landed on the rat.

Stinkz defeated!

Sora's face cringed. Imagining getting crushed by the mammoth's large furry ass turned her stomach.

Uggggh!

Garan rose and turned toward Sora. "Oh! I thought I landed on you."

Sora widened her eyes. "You tried to crush me?"

Garan rubbed the back of his head. "A miscalculation, I suppose. I meant to crush you both. But the wretched rodent didn't move fast enough. My impatient bloodlust got the better of me."

Sora almost forgot the arena battle was meant to be a free for all. She knew Garan didn't care about her, but she never expected him to attack her by surprise. He must have been waiting for the right opportunity to attack her without getting crushed by the competition. Looks like Sora will sleep alone in her cell.

Sora pointed her hammer at Garan. "So you want to start our duel now?"

The mammoth shrugged. "If you live, I shall save you for last. I prefer stronger opponents who don't die so quickly. It ruins the entertainment."

"Are you calling me weak?"

Garan smirked. "Just be lucky I didn't squash you with my rear."

Sora gulped. That thought still haunted her.

Garan turned around and dashed off. Sora will be ready if the mammoth comes back for her.

Near the edge of the arena, Sora spotted a porcupine slamming his spiny back against a hog on the wall, crushing him.

Fon defeated!

After the hog vanished, the porcupine spotted Sora and smiled.

Dob

Porcupine

Brawler

Male

Level: 10

HP:100/100

NPC

The porcupine was short with long sharp quills on his head and back, appearing like a long-bladed brown hair. He wore short leather pants under his fluffy chubby stomach, and two metal gauntlets were on his upper arms.

Sora wasn't sure if those gauntlets were one weapon from the center of the arena. But even if Dob was shorter than Sora, he should never underestimate a higher level opponent.

"Finally, I get to fight a female!" Dob shouted with excitement.

Sora laughed. "Where are your weapons?"