Book Two: Chapter 11

By the time Sora returned to the camp area, Maxor and Garan rose while stretching their arms out. Maxor yawned and scratched his back as he turned toward Sora. "Where have you been?"

"I needed a morning stroll," Sora lied, "by the way, I found someone who knows you, Maxor."

"Who?"

Sora stepped aside, revealing Nancy behind her.

Maxor stared at the little pink fennec fox girl until his eyes widened. "Nancy?"

The little fox giggled. "Long time no see-YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!"

She raised her club up and charged.

Maxor rolled away from her swinging club and jumped onto his feet. "Nancy!"

"Die, traitor!" Nancy leaped toward him, but Garan grabbed her from behind.

She struggled in the mammoth's enormous arms. "Let me go! Let me go!"

"Not until you explain yourself!" Garan exclaimed.

"Yeah, what the hell, Nancy!" Sora shouted. "Why did you attacked him?"

Nancy gritted. "That bastard is a traitor!"

Maxor approached her with his hands up. "I can explain!"

"He stole our loot from our guild and ran away! Our guild went broke because of him! Whatever he told you, it's a lie!"

Sora turned to Maxor. "Is that true?"

Maxor slowly turned a grin. "I had to take it, but I was going to pay the guild back-"

"Bullshit! You never returned with the loot!" Nancy shouted. "I should pow-pow you now!"

Sora held out her hands. "Wait! We only want to return to your guild."

Nancy glared at Sora. "Why?"

"We are looking for a hidden dungeon, and Maxor said your guild knows where it is."

"I don't care what you are looking for! Maxor needs a pow-pow!" Nancy slipped from Garan's arms and charged, but

Sora stood in her way, blocking the little fox girl with her hands up. "I said wait! What if Maxor pays you back?"

The wolf widened his eyes at Sora. "What?"

"He can pay you back if you take us to your guild."

Maxor marched toward her. "I don't have-"

Sora grabbed Maxor's snort, shutting his mouth. "Will you take us?"

Nancy sneered until she shrugged. "Okay okay, but he must pay the guild back. Our leader will figure out his judgment."

Maxor gulped.

"Follow me." Nancy swung around and strolled forward.

While following her, Maxor walked closer toward Sora. "Why did you say that? I have no gold!"

"She is the only one who knows where your guild is," Sora whispered.

"I know where my guild is!"

"Well, if I said nothing, Nancy would have pow-pow you. Trust me."

Maxor narrowed his eyes. "For our sakes, I hope so."