Book One: Chapter 22

Three fishfolk warriors surrounded Sora, holding coral swords instead of spears. Sora never has seen those warriors before, which meant they might be rare weapons.

I call dibs on those!

When the fishes charged, Sora jumped over them. She rolled in the air and landed on her feet.

Wow! Being a fox makes me fast!

Behind her attackers, she swung her spear across their backs.

Fishfolk

HP: 35/50

Fishfolk

HP: 35/50

Fishfolk

HP: 35/50

The enemies gargled at her.

Sora pointed her spear at them. "Come on!"

One of them charged toward her, raising his coral blade up.

Sora rolled from the fishfolk's strike. That attack would have killed her instantly.

She rolled behind her target and poked her spear into its back, three times.

Fishfolk

HP:0

Fishfolk defeated!

Sora earned 5%

Both the fishfolks watched their companion vanished in the rain, and then they charged toward Sora.

The fox girl ducked and swung her tail, knocking both the fish men down. She sprinted to the second on and stabbed him multiple times until he disappeared in a flash.

Fishfolk defeated!

Sora earned 5%

The other fishfolk jumped onto his three-toed feet and threw its sword toward Sora.

When Sora saw the blade swinging toward her, she swung her spear, knocking the sword. The fishfolk dropped his mouth as his weapon flew back toward him.

Before it could grab it, the sword hit his face.

Instant kill!

Fishfolk defeated!

Sora earned 5%

The fish fell on his knees and vanished.

Sora dropped the spear and picked up the coral sword. The blade was a sharp thin stone, covered in barnacles on a thick seaweed handle.

Coral sword-ATK+15

A little better than the spear which updated Sora's attack power to 20. Too bad the guards might not let her keep it.

Sora turned around. Maxor stood, staring at her with his mouth wide open.

"What!" Sora shouted.

Maxor laughed. "Not bad."

Was he just watching her without helping?

Another fishfolk charged toward Sora. She blocked his attack and kicked him to the floor.

With the target down, she slashed it with her sword, until she left nothing of it.

Fishfolk defeated!

Sora earned 5%

The fox girl turned back toward Maxor. "You thought I didn't need help?"

Maxor shrugged. "I guess I am wrong."

Sora giggled.

She played Sword and Claw for a while and mastered her own skills. Being level one didn't matter to Sora. "Let's go kill them together. Shall we?"

Maxor picked up a coral sword off the floor. "Leave some for me then."

Sora and Maxor both charged toward the other fishfolk, joining the battle with the crew.

Author's note:

I decided to make some changes here. Instead of action move notifications, Sora will attack anyway she can. I felt like if players have programmed attacks, it will limit their fighting abilities. Players should fight however they want inside a virtual reality game. Abilities will have notifications because they are special. Like Skyrim, action role-playing games should allow players to master their own skills to be more fun.