+ 2 +

Okay Y/N.

You can do this.

It's just a simple question.

"Mother, can I go to Minnie's?"

It's that easy.

Come on don't be a coward.

Maybe I should just stay at home and study...I have a big test next week....

No.

Minnie is right.

It's time I have a moment of fun...I avoided the parties in high school and the first year of college...I've done nothing but sit in this house and study...

Looking down at the long skirt that touches your close toed shoes you grip the thick material and longingly gaze into the sitting room where your mother and father sit in their chairs typing away on their business computers, their eyes never leaving the screens when you enter the room.

"U-Um....M-Mother...."

"Sweetie you know when mother is working you should be up in your room studying."

"I-I know....but I just wanted to ask you a question...since I just got home from school..."

Your body lightly jumps when you see your mother's eyes cut over to you sharply and a small exhale escape her perfectly red tinted lips, her reading glasses falling to the bridge of her nose.

"This is out of the ordinary, but alright then. Ask your question."

Do it Y/N.

Do it!

"Is it okay if I go to Minnie's tonight? I-It isn't a school night and-"

"You know I don't like those ruffians Y/N. Their daughter might as well already be on a pole."

"I...I was going to help her study! You know Minnie has been talking to me lately about changing her life around and getting better grades.."

Now I'm lying...goodness what's wrong with me.

Every nerve ending in your body seems to light on fire when you see your mother hesitate and look at your father who just continues to stare at his screen, her nails halting on her keyboard.

"Really now? She's changing herself?"

Keep it going Y/N.

You are an adult.

"Y-Yes. I told her that if she wanted t-to be my best friend she needs to straighten her life out. She's even told me she's going to move out of her parents house so she can live a better life Mother. First though she needs to get better grades to catch up with me..."

It isn't a whole lie...Minnie really does want to move out of her parents house?

Your eyes never leave your mother's as you watch all the emotions that cross her tight expression, her lips pulling up into a cracked red grin.

"Well you know your father and I always want to make the world better and want that to trickle down. So since it isn't a school night and your grades seem to be impeccable I will allow it for one night."

She said yes!

Finally!

It's been years!

"Th-Thank you Mother!"

"Stand up straight."

"Yes ma'am."

Straightening your back as much as possible you quickly make your way out of the sitting room and into the hallway where you pump your fist and let out a silent squeal, your entire body now vibrating with excitement.

She finally said yes!

I get to go!

Before your parents can notice your obvious excitement you make your way up to your room and quickly hop onto your bed and grab your phone, your fingers twitching as you dial Minnie's number.

"So? What did the warden say?"

"Minnie she's my mother that isn't nice...but she actually said yes!"

"Wait really?! How did you possibly get her to say that?!"

"I just told her about how you want me to come over and help you study to better your life."

You try to hold back your giggles when you hear Minnie erupt in a fit of laughter on the other line, her words barely audible amongst her wheezing.

"And she believed that?!"

"Yeah....so....when can I come over?"

"Well the party isn't until tomorrow night...so I'll pick you up in the morning okay? And don't bother bringing any of your boring clothes, tomorrow you are becoming a new woman!"

A new woman...

Is that even allowed for someone like me?...

To be able to not have to wear a long skirt?...

To be able to have my hair and makeup done?...

Able to socialize with the other people that I've gone to college with for a year?...

"Hello? Earth to Y/N?"

"Y-Yeah! Sorry Minnie! I won't bring any of my clothes..."

"Alright! Be ready in the morning I'll have my dad pick you up on his way to work. He doesn't care to go out of his way."

"Okay...I'll be ready."

"Great! See you tomorrow!"

"Mmm...tomorrow..."

After hanging up the phone you take a second to lay on your back and stare up at your ceiling with your phone laying on your chest, your heart slamming in your chest thinking of tomorrow.

Everything will be different tomorrow.

I'll finally get to be a woman...even at twenty years old I'm still under their thumb until I can finally leave....

Maybe using all of this I'll be able to taste what I can have...it'll help me to work even harder so I can go out more.

Sitting back up in your bed you stand up and gaze into your full length mirror while pulling the sides of your oversized turtle neck so it hugs your curves, a look of longing making a home on your expression.

Tomorrow is going to be my day.

Tomorrow is the day I am going to let loose and allow myself to have a good time to seal in my goals.

My parents won't even know a single thing...Minnie will make sure of that.

I'm so excited how could I possibly sleep tonight?!

I wonder what I'll look like all dolled up like Minnie.

Tomorrow I'll know...

Tomorrow...I'll finally be a woman.

(A/N): Lol this picks up don't worry 😂