+ 3 +

"Goodmorning Mother..."

Carefully making your way down the long staircase that leads into the kitchen area you look up at your mother who sits at the expensive wood dining table with her heels tapping against the tile, her eyes never leaving the fashion magazine in front of her.

"Morning."

"I um...I'm going to wait outside for Minnie...if that's alright with you and father..."

"Do you have all your things packed? The journal we ask you to take with you?"

"Y-Yes...I have my journal...I already wrote today's date into it..."

"You know your father and I will be checking it after you get home."

"Yes ma'am...I understand..."

"Alright then. You are allowed to wait on the steps for them."

Giving your mother a small bow you quietly make your way towards the front door before turning halfway around so you're looking at her back, the tugging feeling of longing causing your eyelids to flutter down to the floor.

"I...I love you Mother..."

"Mmmm Yes dear."

Like a hot needle sticking in your chest your heart burns as you try to swallow down the bile that rises in your throat at your mother's obvious distaste in your statement, your eyes now completely cast to the floor.

I should have known better than to say that...

She'll never say it back.

Stepping out into the cool fall air the sunlight touches the thick material of your sweater and envelopes your body in a warm embrace, the sun doing very little to bring up your already soured mood.

Is it so hard to say it back?

To your own child?

"Ahhh there she is! There's my little bug!"

The hearty sound of the man driving up your driveway in a beat up blue car snaps you out of your thoughts, a small smile playing on your face.

"Hello Mr. Martin."

"Come on kiddo get in! I'll take ya to the house on my way to the factory!"

With a small nod you set your bag in the front seat and take your usual place in the back, Mr. Martin's cheeky smile lightening the mood.

"It's been quite the minute since I've seen ya kiddo! Ever since your old lady put her foot down I haven't got to see my favorite bug!"

"It is nice to see you after so long Mr. Martin..."

Leaning your head against the window of the car you try hard to keep yourself from falling in the usual self loathing void you find yourself in on a daily basis, your eyes falling to the concrete passing you by quickly.

On a day like today...I'll get to taste what it's like to be free...

I want to be like every other girl...I want to freely go to the movies with friends...and be able to catch the eyes of someone who....would maybe fall in love with me...

I don't know what love really feels like...mother won't even let me read books with love stories inside of them...

"Alright we're here kiddo, I'd go in and make you some breakfast but I'm running pretty late. We won't be home until after you girls to go to sleep because her mom is meeting me at the bar. It was awesome seeing you though!"

"It was great seeing you too Mr. Martin."

Getting out of the car and slinging your bag over your shoulder while walking up the marbled steps leading to the beautiful mansion in front of you you look back and watch Mr. Martin's beat up car leave and pull out onto the highway, a deep sigh escaping your lips.

Her father works so hard for all of them...he even still drives that blue car so they can have all these nice things....

"Ahhh there's my girl!"

Your entire body jumps when you look forward and see Minnie's beautiful round eyes looking at you with excitement and warmth.

"H-Hey Minnie..."

"Awww why the glum face? Come on let's get you inside and get some breakfast! I know your strict ass mom didn't let you have any of the good stuff."

All you can give her is a small grin and follow her into the extreme brightly decorated living room, Minnie's tiny frame bouncing its way into the kitchen.

"Alright now let's find the food with the MOST sugar in it."

"Minnie..."

"Slice of cake?"

"......Okay you've got me there."

Settling down into one of the barstools attached to the counter you look down at the piece of cake in front of you and allow yourself to enjoy the sweet treat, Minnie's fork poking into her slice of cake.

"I cannot wait for this party tonight Y/N. You're going to have so much fun you won't even know what to do with yourself."

"Are....um...is Ella and the others going to be there?..."

"Hmmm I don't really know, it's an open house party so pretty much everyone is going to be there. Since it's Jimin's party she'll most likely be there. She's been following him around like a lost puppy."

"J-Jimin will be there?..."

"Of course he will be, it's his party."

Oh....it's his party?....

"Oh...I didn't know that..."

"Don't worry about him, at parties he just usually goes around trying to find the hottest girl to take up to his room. Not that you aren't the hottest girl! He's just extremely picky most of the time."

"So...you've been to a few of his parties?"

"Only a few. It makes me mad when he doesn't pick me. I usually go to parties where I'm the center of attention."

Goodness Minnie.

I'm starting to have second thoughts...what if my parents somehow found out about me?...

"Minnie..."

"Oh no! Don't get cold feet right now you're already here! Don't worry we'll just go, have a couple drinks and let loose! I'll stay by your side at all times so you don't get caught in any kind of awkward conversations."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes girl! Now come on, let's go up to my room and take showers so we can start getting ready!"

"Wait...already?"

"Well yeah! We have to try on clothes and get everything together so we can slay this party!"

"Um...alright then..."

"Don't worry Y/N, once I'm done with you, you'll be unrecognizable!"

Unrecognizable...

That's what I want...

I don't want to be myself...

Tonight...

I want to be a new me...so I can look to the future and know what I will get to have once I'm finally free...

(A/N): I hope this isn't boring omg