◟twenty-three

꧁twenty-three꧂

twenty-three

"So what brings you here, Endeavor?" Ataeru asked as he poured his guest tea. "Not a fan of prejudice but you're the type to not attend birthday parties."

Endeavor gave Ataeru a small head bow and grabbed the tea cup with both hands. He took a sip of the tea prepared for him then cleared his throat, "I decided to make an exception for (Name)'s a dear friend of my youngest son."

"Todoroki Shotou?" Ataeru sipped his tea, his gaze never leaving Endeavor.

Endeavor nods, "(Name)'s an outstanding kid. How did you manage to train her reach this far?"

"Me? Train her?" Ataeru scoffs. "I didn't even tell her to land a single punch on a bag. She reached everything on her own." He continues as he placed his cup on his desk. "Most likely, she was the one who helped me. But we won't go that deep into history!" Ataeru laughed at his own joke.

Endeavor couldn't hide the shock from what he heard. He thought it was impossible for her to be powered without the guidance of an adult.

"Are you sure?" Emdeavor asked.

Ataeru nodded, "she didn't accept any  training from me. I couldn't give her any of it anyways since I specialize in support items, you see." He answered while pointing at his inventions that was displayed inside glass boxes around his room.

"I gave her support. Verbal and mental support. She wanted to reach this far, I told her she'll reach that far." Ataeru sighs, "It's where I specialize anyways, support."

Emdeavor was taken a back from what he said. It was for sure that Ataeru doesn't have an idea of what sin and horid things he did before, but how Ataeru spoke right now. It was as if every word was for Endeavor himself.

Endeavor's grip on the tea cup tightens. He heaved a deep sigh and stared at Ataeru's eyes.

"Oh? What's with look, Endeavor? Have something in mind?" Ataeru asked and crossed his legs under his desk. He leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms, "The look seems to hide a story."

Endeavor replied with power evident in his voice. He failed many times in his life, but this one. He'll make it count. "I have a proposition."

"About what? The company? Your hero agency is fully packed and supplied with our inventions, Endeavor. You're even one of my top clients, why else could you want more?"

"It's about (Name)." Endeavor placed his cup down.

Ataeru raised an eyebrow. He was curious. "Oh yeah?" He replied and leaned forward on his elbows for support and interlaced his fingers.

Ataeru, growing up in business, replied, "let's hear it"

♡︎