24 - Underestimated.

THE SCREECH OF metal against metal echoed out across the corridors of Ben's kingdom as Harry pulled his sword against the sharpening block, with each pass the edge becoming more dangerous. He had been up and about for about half an hour now, waiting, time seemed to drag. Each second one too many to be away from Primrose.

The son of Hook had needed some time alone after coming to his senses, everything had gotten way out of hand. He simply expected to battle Uma and that be the end of things. He had planned to take Primrose off to Neverland to relax for a moment, he knew some pretty awesome hiding spots. A sense of sadness washed over him at the thought of where they could be, to where they are right now.

He can only imagine the pain Primrose was feeling, and that hurt. Hadn't they been though enough?

"You sharpen that much more and it'll be as thin as the Mad Hatter's sewing needle." Ben smiled at the pirate as he entered the spare office room, Hunter had taken one of the kitchen's blocks for Harry to use in peace.

"Aye, most likely." Harry sighed, placing his sword upon the desk. 

Usually, Hook would exchange jokes with anyone, including Ben after his new found rebellious streak and what he'd done for himself and Prim, but Harry was just deflated, exhausted and fearful. There was a silence as Harry seated himself upon the desk, next to his sword and block. Ben stopped behind a grand armchair, leaning against it as he watched the ground at his feet.

He was unsure of what to say to Hook, not only as King of Auradon but as Ben, a newfound friend also. What could ease his worries? How would he feel if Mal was in danger and he could do nothing but wait?

A few more seconds of nothing passed by and Ben glanced to his side, watching the trees sway in the breeze as Auradon was silent, nobody around, bracing for Pan's arrival.

"Primrose is strong, she won't let him get to her... Mal and Primrose are more alike than they'd care to admit, because they're so stubborn, but they share a lot of admirable traits." Ben tried his best to explain and reassure the son of Hook, though he wasn't sure if he was good at it or not.

"Sometimes I often wonder if Mal would do a better job at running Auradon than I would... then I remember how reckless she can be." Ben let out a light chuckle. "But I wouldn't change her, she's taught me a lot, shown me a lot about who I am..."

Harry smiled to himself, listening to Ben talk about Mal, is exactly how he would talk about Primrose. He is undoubtably a better person than he was before he rekindled with the daughter of Pan.

"You have my word that you will see Primrose again," Ben vowed. "No matter our previous grievances, we are all capable of good... and with yours and Primrose's help, in future I hope to better the Isle and Auradon."

"Cheers, mate." Harry moved slowly across the room, holding a hand out as he stood opposite Ben. "You better get out there and greet whoever has shown up to help the fight." He nodded to the door, where conversation seemed to be brewing in the distance.

The King didn't hesitate and left after a moment, leaving Harry alone with his thoughts once again. One thing he knew for sure was that after this? Primrose would no longer be a Pan, and he had no idea how she would take the news.

"Hook!" Dominic called as Harry emerged with his newly sharpened weapon from the room, he advanced towards his captain, wide grin on his prominent features.

"Our dad's offered to use his magic to defeat Pan." The son of Hades explained, arm slung around the pirates shoulder as he directed him into a large, fancy, lounge room.