Chapter 2: Huge Fin

I stared blankly at an empty ocean habang inaalala ang mga pangyayari. After he asked me, I didn't have the courage to answer so I just casually walked past by him at pumasok sa cabin hoping that it'll somehow, convince him that I don't see them even if I made it clear myself that I can.  

Mr. Aki told me that we'll to stop at Arcadia to get food supplies since malayo ang school na pupuntahan ko. He also told me that the principal himself told him that I should have a tour on some countries knowing that I didn't get to travel far from Liwet. Although Arcadia is quite a long way because we have to cross two oceans, it is still the best place to visit when you want to have fun with nature, just like Liwet, my hometown. Arcadia and Liwet have same ambiance, it's just that the Arcadia are more advanced.

I got bored inside the cabin kasi ako lang mag-isa so napagdesisyonan ko na maglakad-lakad muna ako sa itaas. Bago ko pa man ma-enjoy ang tanawin, I saw the black ship na nasa likoran namin at para bang sinusundan kami. 

One of the Babylonian's unique powers is Sight which I already used earlier. I really don't know how far we can see but, in my case, I can see everything in 100 meters away from me. And as I was staring at the black ship, I saw Cairo standing in front of with his arms crossed while watching the boat that I'm in. I think he noticed that I was watching him from a far because he smirked at my direction, and he tilted his head again kaya tumalikod na ako para hindi ko na siya makita.

While I looked away and I saw a huge fin 30 meters away from our boat. It was swimming towards us, and it was fast. Lumingon muli ako kay Cairo at umatras ako sa gilid. Oh, he was not looking at me- he was looking at this huge fin. I glanced back at the fin, and at this moment- medyo nababahala na ako. 

As the fin approaches, the fin gets bigger and bigger. Oh, that is not a normal shark. It's too huge to be called as one. As it draws closer, 10 meters away, I saw a huge mouth papunta sa sinasakyan ko kong barko and I began to panic. Napaatras kaagad ako pero nawala ang balanse ko kaya napaupo ako sa barko. The boat began to move sideways at napahawak ako sa rails hoping that I'll not fall. Gusto ko lang makatapos ng pag-aaral, hindi maging pagkain ng pating. While I was busy saving myself, I got startled when I heard a huge sound from behind me. Moments later, a flaming ball past by me at tinamaan ang malaking pating. 

"That was Megalodon" rinig ko mula sa speaker. it was Mr. Aki.

Megalodon? So, they exist like me. They're not just a myth.The shark's mouth vanished into the sea at napalingon ako sa likoran baka umatake ulit siya. If it does, I'm going to defend this boat or else, we'll die and be a food of this huge shark. 

Luckily, I can create weapons out of nothing, and we call it conjugating magic. The world is filled with magic molecules so gathering them to make a weapon is an easy job for me, but I rarely use it because this magic is thought to be lost. Why? Because this is one of the distinctive magical features of Babylonians.

I can also reorder atoms on non-living things, so if I touch these titanium railings here, I can build a spear out of it and also turn it back into a railing. We call it transfiguring magic. It is rare, but it does exist in humans, therefore I often use it.

 I carefully looked around and saw its fin again. 40 meters east. Its moving really fast and time is not enough to use these poles. Kinuha ko ang eye patch and I snapped. I'm too far, he can't see my eyes.

I gathered the magic molecules present around me and formed a huge bow with three arrows. Black and blue flames began to envelope my hand to form a flaming arrow. The breeze around us stopped as I began to point my arrows to the east, waiting for the Megalodon to be 10 meters near me. Since I'm using the magic molecules around me to attack, both my eyes turned blue as this is magic only exist on us, Babylonians. When I saw the shark's mouth near me, I held tight to my arrows, and I fired directly to its mouth.