Chapter 13: The Tag game

As we were about to begin our journey, the principal didn't grant us his permission yet. He was aware how important our time management is, but he had no choice but to give us another mission. At first, we were hesitant now that our things are packed and we are ready but after we heard him explained the mission, we had no reason on declining it. Although we have to do it along with Sheena's team, okay naman sa akin.

Kaya ito kami ngayon, nakasakay sa black ship nina Cairo. From what I remember, the mission was to visit a certain island where we could possibly find someone from Babylon that has an idea where the Hanging Gardens were. The person that the principal was referring to was once a Babylonian but was punished because of murdering his own family. Although he was sentenced as a murderer, the officials have then discovered that he has not been in his right mind for a very long time until he decided to commit the crime. Instead of a prison, he was sent into an island which was located near the Devil's Triangle where the Wasteland Asylum is located. An institute who offers free shelter, food, and clothes to those people who are mentally ill. 

"I can't believe we have to talk to some murderer just to seek for the Hanging Gardens," biglang sabi ni Leo na sumulpot lang sa gilid ko habang ako ay nakatitig sa karagatan. The weather was good. It's cloudy and windy at the same time so it's actually the perfect time to sail. "Not to mention that we have to go with Sheena's team," reklamo niya at napalingon kami pareho. We saw Cairo's serious expression while scanning the ocean while she was holding Cairo's arms like she was a leech. When Sheena noticed our gazes, minabuti naming binalik ang tingin namin sa karagatan.

"Do we have the same mission?" I asked.

"No," he replied, and he extend his arms upward to stretch. "I heard that we're just going to the same place pero magkaiba ang mission natin," he added at tumango ako. "But still, kasama pa rin natin sila so expect that this mission will be grumpy as hell," he said, and he placed his hands on the cold railings. Grumpy, huh?

"I know right," biglang singit ni Evie na sumlpot lang rin sa gilid ko habang hawak ng isang piraso ng tinapay. "Sigurado akong nakadikit na naman yan si Sheena kahit saan magpunta si Cairo at well," she paused, and she took a bite. "Dati hindi ako makakalapit sa kay Cairo kahit kakausapin ko lang siya tungkol sa mission namin because she allegedly owned him, pero ngayon buti naman at dalawa na tayong hindi makakalapit sa kaniya," pabiro niyang sabi sabay ngiti.

"Good for you," sagot naman ni Leo. "Paano naman ako na may umaaligid rin sa aki--" 

"Leo! Andiyan ka lang pala!!" 

Napatingin ako sa likoran ni Leo at nagulat na lang ako na may babaeng yumakap sa likoran niya. She was shorter than Leo, but we have the same height. I blinked my eyes thrice out of confusion habang tinitingnan sila. The girl was smiling charmingly while hugging Leo and her hair had these cute white hair ornaments that looked like a dolphin, and it suited her blue long hair.

"That's Deanna," Evie whispered. "Leo's childhood friend that had a huge crush on him. She even promised him that they'll get married someday," she added with a giggle while I stare at them, still wearing my surprised look. Medyo... medyo iba ata ang mga kababaihan dito  sa Terrax ah. 

Deanna dragged him away and I saw how Leo's expression is telling me that he didn't want to go with her. We didn't have any choice, so we just gave him a wave until he faded alongside with her after they went inside the rooms.

"Ito palagi ang sitwasyon ko kapag kasama ang team namin at team nila and I get lonely sometimes pero buti na lang may kasama na ako ngayon," she said with a satisfied smile at patuloy kinain ang hawak niyang tinapay.