Chapter 49: Trident Wielders

VERMILLION

I know everyone is thinking the same thing.

Am I a traitor?

Am I worth the trust they lent?

Am I going to fight alongside my brother?

Why did I keep this as a secret?

The truth is, I wasn't sure, but I had a clue. The moment I retrieved my memories and my brother's eyes coincided with Night's eyes when I saw him watching us from a far from the Dead City. I instructed Kraken to look through this and I had my hopes up, that he is not our enemy. I've known him as a strong and courageous type of brother, and he always seeks justice. Now, I don't even know how this happened but, I don't think he wants this.

"Will they be alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, Evie's right there," Cairo replied. "Once she's underwater, she's unstoppable," he added at napatango ako. Alam kong mahihirapan sila lalo na't ako lang ang makakadetect ng Grimoire but I trust them. We need to get it or else, the enemy will have an upper hand.

"I think we should at least go there," I said at tumayo na ako. Napatingin ako sa gilid ko nang mapansin ko ang bow at axe ni Kel. "Kel doesn't have his weapon," I added.

"We can't go in there, unless can contact Evie, she'll cast a spell for us to breath underwater," he added.

I glanced underwater at napansin kong umiba ang kulay ng tubig. Napatayo si Cairo at sabay kami napatingin sa isa't isa. Something must've happened. It's not that the blue ocean turned red, but its clear waters subsided. Para bang gumalaw ang lupa sa ilalim. As much as I wanted to jump, hindi pwede kasi sigurado akong malulunod lang kami. 

Napatingin ulit kami sa tubig and we saw a faint light from underwater.

"What is that?" I asked.

"No clue," Cairo replied. "But I'm hoping it's not from an enemy because its strong as hell," he added at tumango ako.

Tumakbo si Cairo sa gilid ko at hinawakan ang axe ni Kel habang ako ay kinuha ang bow ni Kel. I can aim arrows somehow but whatever is coming out from these waters is extraordinary. We clenched our weapons in preparation for a possible attack.

I was about to aim an attack the moment the light was lifted up from the waters, but I stopped. Cairo and I stood up there, surprised and flabbergasted when we saw a sin, forked by an odd trident.

The three prongs or tines of the trident are symmetrical and extend outward from a central point. The prongs were attached to the shaft at the same point, forming a Y-shaped configuration. Each prong is sharp and pointed, resembling the branches of a fork. The central shaft of the trident served as the handle and was typically made of gold, designed to be sturdy and easy to grip. The shaft has been embellished with carvings, engravings, or decorative elements.

"Is that...." Cairo paused.

"Yes," I said. "It's a trident," I added. A Poseidon's Trident which was said to be lost the moment the Atlantis sunk. It said that this trident maintained the Atlantis' beauty at and magic. Just like Excalibur, it has been waiting for the chosen one. In previous era, there are only two people who can use this trident and that is Poseidon himself, and Hephaestus, the maker of the Trident.

In this era, it's...

The water turned into ice at biglang lumitaw si Leo na may hawak na sword. He twisted it with a grin and somehow, he looked like he was waiting for something. The whole trident was lifted and there I saw Evie holding the trident, having a blur energy around her. She used her strength and threw the Trident away. As expected, the sin was wounded but was able to get himself away from the trident's sharp prongs.