Chapter 17: Useless

Our conversation ended with me, suggesting calling me V. For the next few hours, we actually laid on the top of the train habang pinagmamasdan ang kalangitan at niraramdam ang hangin. Everything was going smoothly, in fact, nakatulog kami pareho. Nagising lamang ako nang may naramdaman ako kakaiba pero hindi ako bumangon, nanatili lang akong nakahiga. Nang babangon na sana ako, Cairo suddenly reached my wrist with his hand and signalled me to stop moving.

"Don't move," he whispered. "Something is coming," he added at tama nga siya. I heard distinct footsteps papunta sa amin at sa puntong ito, medyo kinabahan na ako. Hindi ko alam kung ilang oras na kami rito o kung anong oras na ba basta ang alam ko ay malalim na ang gabi.

The footsteps were getting closer, and my heartbeat was getting louder. Eventually, the footsteps paused for a moment at may naramdaman kaagad akong magic na malapit lang sa amin. Gusto ko mang gumalaw, pero hindi pa sinabi ni Cairo kaya nanatili akong nakahiga. Napalunok na lang ako at napaisip kung sino at ano ba itong nasa bandang gilid lang namin.

"I will surely accomplish this mission," I heard a familiar voice whispered. "For the safety of my family," she added with a shaky voice at rinig ko ang paglakad niya papunta sa direction namin. "Eliminate this team," I heard her whisper again.

At this point, her slow footsteps became fast at para bang tumatakbo siya papunta sa amin kaya hindi ko napigilang lumingon sa gilid ko. My eyes widened when the girl whom I helped earlier was charging towards us, holding a magical item which was probably handed to her. Her eyes were all black and I can literally feel her murderous intent towards us. Cairo suddenly grabbed me kaya napailag ako at hindi ako natamaan pero natamaan ang tren kaya nabutas ito. 

Tumayo kami ni Cairo at napatingin sa kaniya. I heard Cairo clicked his tongue and he tilted his head. I heard the crowd below us began to panic at nagsimula silang tumakbo papunta sa ibang rooms.

"We can't afford to fight here, masyadong delikado," he said. "There are people in this train," he added and I agree.

"Anong gagawin natin?" tanong ko. 

The girl ran towards us again, holding her long sword with black magic. We both frowned and we both slid our body in alternate direction para iwasan ito. Bakas sa pag-galaw niya na hindi siya sanay sa pakikipaglaban at baka napilitan nga lang siya but it doesn't change the fact that she has an order to kill us, our team. Umatras lang kami ni Cairo at mukhang pareho kami ng iniisip. We didn't have the intention to fight.

The girl suddenly stopped her movements and her veins started to bulge. Lumingon siya sa amin at nagbago ang mukha niya. Her veins were black and thicker. She looked like she is being possessed gaya lang ng nakita ko kanina nang hindi pa kami nakasakay.

"F-For my ... family," she whispered, and her movements were unusually stiff but fast.

I got startled when she suddenly took one step but the next thing I knew, she was in front of me as she was wielding her sword. I didn't have the time to react, so I blocked her word using my hand which gave me a wound and I activated my magic and made my weapon with the use of her sword. I summoned two small daggers mula sa gamit niyang sandata at ginamit ko iyon para pigilan siya kasi hindi na kaya ng kamay ko.

I suddenly saw two glowing purple eyes behind her, and I knew it was Cairo. He grabbed her hair at napasigaw ang babae. He dragged him by the roof of the train, and he stepped on her neck. Nabitawan niya ang hawak niyang sandata at napahawak sa paa ni Cairo. The magic sword fell into the rails of the train, and it instantly got destroyed.