Chapter 46: The Lost City

VERMILLION

I've known for a little while now, I just didn't bother asking. He was the only one who didn't look scared when we were talking about Pride and that was the confirmation I needed. I was about to question why Cairo sent Kel instead of Evie, eh kaya pala. 

"Parang nasa iisang lugar ang source at ang grimoire," sabi ko.

"Possibly kasi isang lugar lang naman ang pwedeng pagtatagoan nila rito eh," sagot ni Cairo.

"Lugar?" I asked.

"You mean some kind of what? Ancient ruins or temple or what specific place are you referring to?" Evie asked.

"Yeah," Cairo replied as he slashed the overgrown vines para makadaan kami. "Sort of like that," he added. "It was the only remaining temple remaining from a city that was once the mightiest like Babylon," he added again at napatigil ako. Both of them stopped at lumingon sila sakin.

"Is there a specific city that is as mighty as your country?" Evie asked.

"W-Well yeah," I replied. "It was a utopian society where evil could not grow," I added at napatingin ako sa itaas. "They were the mightiest, even compared to us. It's a structured city rumored to be consisted with multiple rings of water and land. The center of the city was a palace which was dedicated to the God of the Sea, Poseidon," I described according to what I have heard from stories.

"If Babylon was home of the herbs, that city was abundant with precious metals and gemstones which made them indestructible," singit ni Cairo.

"Ohhh, really," sagot naman ni Evie. "But where is it now?" she asked.

"It was lost years before Babylon was lost. It always has been a mystery, but according to textbooks, the city met a catastrophic end where the city's inhabitants became corrupt and evil which then led to war, leading to displeasure of the God of the Sea. Poseidon punished them by sinking the whole country in the ocean, leaving no survivors," I explained, but when did I even knew all of that? Kusa nalang intong lumabas sa bibig ko.

"But a temple was left which was now part of Zarona's mountains because our city and that city was once connected to one land," Cairo replied. "That temple was protected by Pillars of Hercules which was also taken down kaya iyon na lang ang nanatili," he added.

"Oh!" Evie exclaimed. "It's Atlantis!" she added at tumango kami ni Cairo.

Yes, the Lost City or the Sunken City of Atlantis.

Wait up.

I do remember something about it. I do have a memory of me putting something deep in the ocean. Did I hide the last Grimoire in the depths of the Atlantis?!

"Oh, woah," sabi ni Evie at sabay kaming tatlo napahawak sa kahoy. The ground started shaking violently at galing ito sa direction na pupuntahan namin. "Sana ay hindi si Leo ang dahilan nito," she added at napatingin ako sa kaniya. "Once he uses that damn sword, he goes out of control like some rabid animal that went loose," she added again. I heard Cairo sighed at napatingin ako sa kaniy.