Chapter 61: The Outcast

KEL

The gate opened.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ba dapat ang ini-expect kong makita. Should I expect more undead troops? Or some corpses? Or what? Maybe nandoon rin si Night, nakabang na rin. 

"Ready or not, we have no choice," Kraken said at tumango kaming tatlo.

We exchanged glances as the gates slowly opened at sinalubong kami ng isang napakainit na liwanag. We closed our eyes and covered our faces with our arms. The shimmering light faded at dahan-dahan namin binuksan ang mga mata namin. Halos mapaatras ako nang makita ko ang status ng school. The once enchanting halls ofSchoolomance, a renowned magic school nestled in the heart of the mystical Terrax, were now engulfed in chaos. The ancient walls of the school building along with the dormitories, adorned with ethereal runes, now stood scarred and cracked, as if the very essence of the school had been wounded. At one part of our building where our library was located-- it was heartbreaking to see how the repository of centuries-old grimoires and ancient scrolls, was now a scene of mayhem. Iba sa mga ito ay nahulog na at karamihan ay kinain na ng apoy. 

Hindi kami makagalaw pero naunang naglakad si Kraken kaya sinundan namin siya. Napakalagkit na ng dinadaanan namin dahil sa mga nakakalat na dugo. Hindi namin alam kung saan ito galing at hindi ko gustong isipin na galing ito sa mga kapareho kong studyante. We were just lucky na nagising kami kasi kung hindi then maybe, we're done for good.

We continued walking papasok na second gate ng school. The gate was crushed kaya nakapasok kaagad kami. The stalls were destroyed and burned at marami pa ring nakakalat na dugo. Bago lang ako rito pero nasasaktan pa rin ako sa mga nakikita ko, paano na sila? They've been studying here longer kaya mas masakit siguro sa parte nila.

"Where should we look first?" I asked.

"Probably there," sagot ni Leo at tinuro nya ang sentrong building na nasa harap namin. If I'm not mistaken, that is where the principal's office is.

Patuloy kaming naglalakad at alam kong may mali rito. This is the enemy's lair, and we haven't seen any enemy yet. O baka binantayan ito ng mga natitirang sins kaso nga tinapos na ni Kraken ang lahat. He seemed a lot stronger than before so its plausible. We walked straight to the building at alam kong hindi lang ang naghahanda sa anumang attake ang mahaharap namin.

Kraken opened the door at napatigil kaming lahat.

"Am I ... seeing things or is this the seal?" Evie asked.

"I knew it," Kraken said. "The unleashing of Heka isn't complete," he added. "The seal was broken but the connection of Prince Night and Heka isn't complete," he added.

 At the heart of the seal, a human vessel-- Night knelt, bound by chains that shimmered with an eerie glow. The incomplete patterns on the floor seemed to writhe and twitch, as if yearning for the missing elements to align and finalize the seal's purpose. Runes and sigils interwove in a delicate dance, leading toward the central point where he knelt in silent submission. Dark tendrils of energy began to emerge from the edges of the symbols, creeping ever closer to him.   It was as if the very essence of the seal hungered for completion, ready to engulf the vessel in a surge of otherworldly forces. It's the exact same energy that ruined our town's waters and Cairo's country.

"Is it just me or..." Leo paused. "Night's body is rejecting Heka's soul kaya hindi ito nakokompleto," he continued at tinitigan ko ng maigi si Night. What? Paano niya nasabi iyon? I can't seem to see what's the difference or kung saang parte ang rejection. I looked closer, and I saw it, it was a glimpse of something that is usually unseen in naked eye.