Chapter 39: The Promise

VERMILLION

Hindi ko alam kung saan ba ako magsisimula.

Nakapasok na nga kami sa Agartha and I was surprised to see that the city I had envisiones, which was made of clay, is now a city made of modern housing supplies. Para bang nasa Terrax lang ako. The only difference is that the people here had a distinction. If Babylonians have the ocean blue eyes, Agarthans have the most beautiful amber eyes that looked like a magma. Just by looking at Al, he's tall and had a fair color of skin. His jet-black hair allowed his eyes to be more attractive than everyone else.

"Welcome to Agartha, the hidden city closest to the center of this planet," Al said with a smile. "Oh, do you remember that place, V?" he asked, and he pointed at a center of a plaza where a fountain was built. The fountain looked like a ring with flowers around it. "That's where we made our promise- to meet again and build our own family," he added.

"Erm," rinig ko mula kay Cairo at napatingin ako sa kaniya. "With all due respect Prince Albertine, we are here to look for the grimoire, not to catch a glimpse of your romantic promise," he added emphasizing the word 'promise' while glancing at me with a death stare. What am I supposed to do? Wala nga akong naalala maliban sa pagkatao niya!

"Oh, alright. I'm sorry about that. I was just so happy to see her again," he said, and he marched forward at napasunod kaming lahat.

"Isang bigkas mo pa sa tanginang promise na yan, I swear you can never see anything ever again," I heard Cairo whispered at tinitigan ko siya habang naglalakad palayo.

"He's jealous," Evie whispered at sumunod naman siya nina Cairo kasama si Leo na nakangiting nakatingin sakin at halatang gusto niya akong tawanan.

"I didn't know that you were engaged," sabi naman ni Kel gamit ang malakas niyang boses kaya napatingin ulit si Cairo sa direksiyon namin. "Of course, you are not engaged! Hah! Kung ano-ano na itong sinasabi ko," bawi niya habang tumatawa na halatang may halong kaba. I gave him a nervous smile as well at sabay kaming napabuntong-hininga nang naglakad na ulit si Cairo. 

Sumunod lang kami sa kaniya and yes, as expected, the people liked him. He greeted him with a warm smile and even checked on some of their stores. Ito naman si Evie, bili ng bili ng pagkain, at nakikisali pa si Kel. Leo on the other hand was amazed by the weapons that are displayed here. To be honest, this city looks more promising than Terrax, no offense sa kanila.

Habang patanaw-tanaw ako sa paligid, hindi ko namalayan na nakarating na kami sa kastilyo. We went inside the gates which was heavily guarded at ang unang nakita ko ay ang harden na nasa ala-ala ko. It was where I was holding the grimoire with my brother, but I don't have any memory of seeing Al.

We went inside the castle and Al guided us to a guest room. I was surprised by how huge and majestic it looked. Mas matino pa nga ang kastilyong ito kesa sa kastilyo namin dati. People here are creative and smart; this shouldn't be a surprise.

Umupo kami at hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili ko na pagmasdan ang design ng buong room. There were real gold vases inside the cabinets and there was a huge family picture of the royal family just beside the cabinet. It looked like a secret compartment to me; the grimoire must have been hidden there. The remaining walls had real gold flakes of paint with a little bit of silver. The chandelier above us is huge and is made of diamond. Its reflection from the light reflected to the wine glass just on top of the table in between us and him.

"So," simula niya at ngumiti siya sakin. "I guess you came back for the grimoire," he continued at tumango ako. Buti naman at matino na ang pag-iisip ng lokon ito at hindi puro kasal o promise na hindi ko maalala.