Chapter 58: New Weapon

KEL

All I can hear are our heavy breaths as we tried to escape from Uzma. Kahit gustohin ko na puntahan si Vermillion, hindi ko magagawa. I tried to lure Uzma to fight me instead at hayaan si Evie na puntahan si Vermillion. She needs healing the most after all. Kahit na ginawa na namin ang strategy na iyon— hindi kami nakatakas. We're at disadvvantage here because aside from being tired, wala akong sandata rito. I didn't brought my bows and arrows, I just brought that fxcking hammer! Hindi ko naman inaakala na mabubuhay ang litseng ito at makuha niya ulit ang sandata niya. Evie is picking up his attacks on behalf of me kasi wala talaga akong laban. She tried giving me some ice-made weapons and it breaks easily.

'"Do something!!" I heard Evie screamed as heir weapons clashed.

"I'm thinking!" sigaw ko pabalik sa kaniya at hindi ako tumigil sa pagtakbo. I remembered every undead I destroyed and I need to find an efficient weapon that would last long.

"Oh God, you have been repeating that 3 times! Do you want me to die?!" reklamo niya.

Hindi ko siya sinagot at napatigil ako sa pagtakbo. I saw a specific undead wearing a worn out blue robe and I remember that this warrior attacked me along with 2 others. One of them was holding normal sword and the other one was holding a —

"Kel! Umilag ka!" I heard at lumingon ako. As much as I want to evade, it's too late. I crossed my arms in the hopes of stopping his kick. I realy though that I was able to endure it, but it was just for a split second. The moment his kick landed, I let off a loose, sensing that his body is light and that I could handle his attack but I miscalculated. His magic was delayed and my body already relaxed kaya tumilapon ako. My body hit numerous of trees and believe me, every single one of them broke into half. Dahil sa lakas ng impact, my body rolled mid air at halos lahat na ng parte ng katawan ko ang natamaan.

I landed on the remnants of my defeated undead foes. Halos napapikit ako sa sakit ng nararamdaman ko and it looked like that my body was trying to tell me that I'm almost at my limit. My vision got blurry and all I could see was the full moon. My lungs have already compensated enough and I don't think I'll last long from running. I have to fight. I extended my arms for me to relax my whole body at nagulat ako nang may nahawakan ako. I tried to grip it with my hand and before I could even lift it, Uzma was already on top of me, holding a goddamn sword, prepared to kill me on the spot.

"I'm still here!" I heard at nabigla ako nanag may lumitaw na malalaking ice sa gilid ko at natamaan si Uzma kaya hindi natuloy ang attake niya.

I used that chance to get up at pilit kong kunin ang nahawakan ko. Nostalgic, this is how I found Evie's trident. I heard explosions near me and I know its the fight between Evie and Uzma. Tumayo ako at hinatak ang nahawakan ko. The moment I was able to lift it up, napatigil ako at tinitigan lang ito. Eh? Isn't this a rare weapon?!

"Kel!!" I heard Evie screamed at nataohan kaagad ako. I pulled it off completely at tumakbo ako papunta sa kaniya. She was pinned down by two large trunks of the trees that fell down when I hit it earlier. Uzma, on the other hand, suddenly gazed at me and he charged forward at nagulat ako. I stopped on running at nagsimula akong umatras. Crap, I charged forward at umatras lang naman rin kaagad ako. I look like a fxcking joke right now.

"You can lift it yourself, right?" I asked and I saw how Evie's eyes pinned at me with frustration. I have to give her time. Isa pa, mukhang ako naman talaga ang main target niya dito. Tumakbo ako palayo at hindi ko maiwasang tingnan ulit ang hawak kong sandata. I'll definitely keep this. This is better than that heavy hammer.