Chapter 35: Cowards

EVIE

I coughed as I jumped away from the explosion. The thick smoke blocked my vision kaya nahihirapan akong makita ang kung ano man ang harap ko. Although I can see and hear Leo and Uzma's clashing of weapons from afar, mas minabuti munang tumalon ako paitaas para makita ko sila ng malinaw. 

I landed on a tree near them habang nag-aabang ng pagkakataon na makaattake. Leo swayed his sword while focusing his strength on his legs causing the ground to crack in each step he does. In each attack he blows, his feathers that surrounded him will simultaneously attack Uzma. Uzma was having a hard time blocking all his attacks even though he wields two swords.

"You fucking traitor!" Leo furiously shouted and landed a huge blow on Uzma. He was able to block it with his two swords, but Leo was providing more magic kaya habang tumatagal, palubog ng palubog si Uzma sa lupa. "We trusted you! Your country trusted you!!" Leo added as he twisted wrist which allowed his sword to swirl. He landed another blow on Uzma but this time, Leo's sword was filled with his feathers which made his attack stronger. Napaluhod si Uzma habang  pinipigilan niya si Leo kasi kung bibitaw siya, sigurado akong mamamatay talaga siya.

This is my chance. 

I gripped on my ribbon, and I jumped towards them. Uzma saw me from above him and his eyes widened as he panicked. Hinagis ko ang ribbon papunta sa kaniya and I was aiming for his neck. He suddenly crossed his swords and kicked Leo kaya nakawala siya. My ribbon didn't hit him, but instead, it hit the ground. He began to catch his breath at napatingin siya sa amin ni Leo.

"You know you have no chance in winning and yet you really chose to betray us," sabi ko. "Sa tingin mo hindi namin malalaman ang nangyayari?" I asked. "At may pinadala pa talaga kayong dalawa sa Seven Deadly Sins para hindi kami makapunta rito? We aren't that weak, you dumbass traitor," I said coldly, and I angrily grabbed my ribbon back to me. "We aren't called as the strongest team for nothing, you stupid piece of crap," mura ko.

Galit siyang tumitig sa aming dalawa and he prepared for his next attack habang hinihingal siya.

"Strongest? Ni-hindi niyo ako naabotan eh. You weren't able to save anyone, not even your precious member's father," he replied, and he laughed hysterically. "Napapalibutan na namin ang islang ito at wala na kayong magagawa!" sigaw niya.

He charged towards us at sabay kami ni Leo na umattake. While Leo was attacking and defending himself using his sword, I twisted my ribbons and sharpen them using my magic. I attempted to swirl it on his neck pero kamay lang niya ang naabutan ko. I jumped away and I grabbed my ribbon to grip his hand. He screamed in pain at napatigil siya sa pag-attake. Hinatak ko pa para maputol ko ang kamay niya but unfortunately, he was able to cut it. I left a huge wound on his arm, and he glared at me angrily.

"You fucking witch!!" sigaw niya. He was about to charge towards me, and I gave him a smirk nang humarang si Leo. He began to sway his sword like he was dancing, and the feathers started to surround him once again. Uzma is left with no choice but to defend himself. His clothes and arms were filled with lacerations from both of our attacks, and it was therapeutic to watch him suffer.

"Andito ako, putang ina mo," mura ni Leo. Uzma started to cough blood habang pinipigilan niya si Leo and I can't help but smile while looking at them.

"You're dead," ngiting sabi ko.

I was about to counterattack, but then- a familiar presence was apparoaching. Bigla akong kinabahan kasi alam kong ang presensyang itong ang hinding-hindi namin matatalo dalawa. Dali-dali akong tumakbo papunta kay Leo at hinatak siya palayo. Both of our eyes widened when his sword shattered, and his feathers withered. Napahawak ako ng mahigpit sa kaniya nang may nakita kaming isang lalaki na nakatayo sa harap ni Uzma. Nakuha sa aking attensyon ang kamay niyang gawa sa bakal. There is only one person who has this metal prosthetic arm. There is no doubt that this is him.