Chapter 45: The Sin from the War

KEL

Hindi ko alam kung anong dapat kong gawin. Ang hanapin ang source, ang tumakas, o ang lumaban. Who would have thught na makikita ko si Uzma dito? After all, we haven't seen him in a while, akala ko iyon na but no. This is alarming.

Although he is standing in front of me, I know that he isn't the Uzma that we used to know. He still has his senses but, his magic is just ... not right. The way how the petals' paused midair was a little concerning, yes but what's dangerous here is what magic he used. I don't think he is using his usual type of magic.

"S-So, you're alive, huh," utal-utal kong sabi as if hindi halatang natatakot ako.

"I should be the one telling you that," he replied as he snapped his finger and all petals just fell back into the ground, some fell on top of the altar which made it look a lot creepier. "Well, I do admire how Cairo recruited you kasi may potential ka nga naman, hindi siya nagkakamali sa pagpili," he added, and he walked towards me, stepping on some of the beautiful flowers and petals. "Pero-" he paused.

I wasn't able to react kasi hindi ko napansing nandito na siya sa gilid ko, inaakbayan ako habang hinahawakan ang isang bulaklak na malay ko ba ay kinuha niya kasi hindi ko nakita. "Potential ka lang, iyon lang. You're no good, you're not talented, you're just-" he paused again, and he walked in front, faced me and believe me, kung pwede lang sana akong lamunin ng lupa, magpapalamon ako.

"Nothing compared to everyone else. Kumbaga, side kick ka lang. That's what archers are," he added, and I wasn't able to reply. Why, you say? Well, he took form of a person whom I never want to meet again and telling me the exact words he said after I said that I never wanted to be a swordsman, I've always wanted to become an archer. "Kung sinunod mo lang sana ang tahak ko, edi hindi ka matatakot ngayon," he added but this time, his voice even sounded like my master. "Edi sana, buhay pa ako," he added. again.

My hands were trembling at umabot sa punto na nabitawan ko na ang sandata ko. I found myself hard time breathing at napahawak ako sa dibdib ko. My eyes widened when blood started to flow from his head and chest which he portrayed how my master died in front of me. I never wanted to remember this. I never wanted to see this again.

"Wala pa ring nagbago," he said. "Mahina ka pa rin,"

The next thing I knew, a kick hit my head at tumilapon ako sa gilid. My back hit the touch wall with huge tree trunks at napunan pa ako ng isang tadyak papunta sa mga bulaklak. My body rolled over and my back hit the alter. All I could grasp was the red spider lily and my vision started to get hazy.

"Isn't this view familiar?" he asked, and my memories started to haunt me again. How I found my master fighting with someone in the middle of a field of white flowers. All I could do was watch and hide as he tried to protect the town from bandits. He was outnumbered, killed, and sliced as if he was not human. The white flowers turned into red just as how the moonlight turned into scarlet. I was just 10. I was just a kid.

If I practiced swordsmanship, then maybe ....

I felt a strong kick again at timama ulit ang likoran ko sa altar. I laid down freely habang tinatadyakan niya ako. I stared at my weapon na nasa malayo at hindi ko namalayan na tumulo na pala ang luha ko kaya muling luminaw ang aking paningin.